Gas & Electricity

I think the smart thing to do is pay what you are currently paying rather than stop paying altogether.
i think most are on Direct Debit so the only controll they have is to cancel the DD,its going to be a shock for them one day when there bank account has been left empty, so what then they cant pay there mortgage or buy food because the gas company got in first, thats the first thing i did was to cancel the DD and would advise that,stay in controll is the first objective, but yes your correct partial payment is better than non payment. i suppose me and a few others on here are the lucky ones, i can rack a debt up with eon and worry about it later but at least il stay warm, now the ones who are not so lucky are the ones with gas cards who will have a choice of stick a tenner on for the night or eat and thats a choice there going to have to make every day for the next 6 months

Last edited:

Have any of you guys got one of these.
Supposed to save the voltage supplied and return back to the grid.
Electricity supplied normally around 240 volts but most electrical items are set at 220 volts so in theory you are drawing an extra 20 volts and wasting it.
Unless you have big inductive loads attached to your supply e.g motors, big transformers, incandescent lighting or lots of fluorescent lighting it will do next to nothing.

It gets complicated explaining why, but it’s to do with reactive power which is what this kit is meant to correct. In most homes, energy consumption is due to resistive loads e.g heating elements (kettles, dryers, ovens etc) which draw what is known as “real power”.

The boxes that they sell like the one you mentioned are in essence just small banks of capacitors which can be switched in to correct the power factor.

Yes they work in some industrial applications but in residential they provide next to no benefit.

Amazing how the government were able to source funds quick enough to pay their pals for whopping PPE contracts and apps which didn't work. On top of that they forked out for Furlough payments once they realised their mate's businesses would go under. Now that lower class are suffering they don't want to provide any help. Tories are cunts

In addition to this, £9m of public money was used by that Nonce Prince to pay off one of his victims.

Forecast to be £6000 per year next April and all because people didn’t want Corbin to nationalise it. It’s worked out well for the shareholders I suppose…
Jeez some feckers are making a fortune of this.
How much are benefits for a family of say four? Do they even get £6000 a year my mate is signing on at the minute and gets £77 a week. That's only £4004 a year??
What if you get sick? My statutory sick pay would be £98 a week my savings would have to be handed over to pay for light and heat.
People remortgaging the house to keep warm and buy candles is this what it has really come to?

How much are benefits for a family of say four? Do they even get £6000 a year my mate is signing on at the minute and gets £77 a week. That's only £4004 a year??
What if you get sick? My statutory sick pay would be £98 a week my savings would have to be handed over to pay for light and heat.
People remortgaging the house to keep warm and buy candles is this what it has really come to?
Sadly, it has.

not good when you let it sink in,, which is why the government simply have to do something 'they have no choice' i think they will before the shit hits the fan and if not then its candles im afraid, just thinking of booking Tenerife for all January at £50 each way, might as well be over there than here 2 weeks paid leave and 2 weeks unpaid leave

i think most are on Direct Debit so the only controll they have is to cancel the DD,its going to be a shock for them one day when there bank account has been left empty, so what then they cant pay there mortgage or buy food because the gas company got in first, thats the first thing i did was to cancel the DD and would advise that,stay in controll is the first objective, but yes your correct partial payment is better than non payment. i suppose me and a few others on here are the lucky ones, i can rack a debt up with eon and worry about it later but at least il stay warm, now the ones who are not so lucky are the ones with gas cards who will have a choice of stick a tenner on for the night or eat and thats a choice there going to have to make every day for the next 6 months
I’m with Octopus. They let the customer decide how much the DD should be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.