Gas & Electricity

They're not worth it without decent export tariffs or a battery. I've been playing around with the idea of getting an electric car but one that acts as a battery to power the home as well as being a car. Charge it up at night for 7p per Kwh and live off that for the day. I very rarely go on long trips away from home anymore so the car just sits there doing nothing. VTH is the technology that let's you do this and there's only a choice of around 6 cars I think. I've signed up for this trial https://www.indra.co.uk/ If I get selected I'll probably jump on it as I need a new car anyway
If you are home most of the day and I and my wife (works from home), if you can do washing, charging you phones etc during the day I think you can save a pretty penny, like you say the battery comes into play overnight with car charging, however i expect tax on el£tric to go through the roof as more a take up EV ownership and fuel tax plummmets.

If you are home most of the day and I and my wife (works from home), if you can do washing, charging you phones etc during the day I think you can save a pretty penny, like you say the battery comes into play overnight with car charging, however i expect tax on el£tric to go through the roof as more a take up EV ownership and fuel tax plummmets.
yep that's the fear for me as well. These overnight cheap rates are going to disappear at some point just a question of when, 5 years maybe

I can see a political win/win for government and producers. Shell, BP etc managed to make massive profits at the present prices. If I was them, I'd go to govt and agree to the present price cap, they are still making £bns on. The govt say they have stopped the next rise even though we're still suffering, and hey bingo eveyone is happy and the public breathe a sigh of relief about how bad it could have been.

My direct debit just went down after my month experiment of no lights and not leaving anything , bar the sky q box and tv ,plugged in when not in use , the chargers use energy if left plugged in even with no device attached , i can do it living alone so i am lucky in that way , monthly readings of course

i have been using my ceiling fan on the record breaking hot days so it will be interesting to see how much that has used , my shock will not be till i come off the fix in dec , hopefully the four hundred will really help me as a low user ,i am sorry for families that cant use less energy
i'm fucked. apart from the usual shit i have.
electric wheelchair
electric bed
electric ventilator.
electric cough assist machine
electric hydration reservoir
electric hoist
electric armchair
Google nest .

every one in daily use and they simply cannot be turned off.

i'm fucked. apart from the usual shit i have.
electric wheelchair
electric bed
electric ventilator.
electric cough assist machine
electric hydration reservoir
electric hoist
electric armchair
Google nest .

every one in daily use and they simply cannot be turned off.

Sorry to hear that Bill.

Tory government have a great track record of looking after the ill and disabled, so I'm sure the extra £150 in September will more than make up for it.

Crystal ball mode is fun on Octopus website…

If I pay what I do currently £160pm I’ll be -£8000 come May 23. Even the recommended £460 (not a chance we can afford that) still puts us at -£5000.

So ridiculous that not even getting stressed about it, we’ll only be paying what we can afford.

I currently pay £180 a month on a fixed rate which is ending in September

Ovo have offered another fixed at £450 a month yet the variable rate is £225

I am in credit to the tune of £615. I went online to see what I could get back. £75 they offered unless I ring.

In two minds about ringing Monday to get some of that money

Fuck the bills later. Pay what you can as we are not alone in this. Loads will struggle. I not sure there is a lot the energy companies can do. Turn everyone off, I doubt it

I currently pay £180 a month on a fixed rate which is ending in September

Ovo have offered another fixed at £450 a month yet the variable rate is £225

I am in credit to the tune of £615. I went online to see what I could get back. £75 they offered unless I ring.

In two minds about ringing Monday to get some of that money

Fuck the bills later. Pay what you can as we are not alone in this. Loads will struggle. I not sure there is a lot the energy companies can do. Turn everyone off, I doubt it
i assume most have a smart meter these days so to turn people off is no big deal and can be done without a visit which is what i expect eon etc will do if the account is not paid, no doubt that first quarter- sept,oct,nov is going to see many in trouble so i expect the end of November mass non payment or partial payment with a repayment plan but this will have an effect in the supply chain, the likes of eon etc may collapse, i raise an eybrow towards the Governments lack of planning which makes me wonder are they draging there heels so they can pick up of whats left and Re-nationalise when the time comes.
take it day by day or week by week whatever suits, i guess i may get november out of the way and thats about it then the bills will be racking up, am i worried no i'm not because i'm not on my own here

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.