Gas & Electricity

Just had mine through so will be loading up on the lower rate before 1st October.
Electric has been more expensive than normal as my Son was living here and my girlfriend works from here sometimes.

One thing I’ve noticed, amazing how a woman’s mere presence in a house seems to make your usage go right up ;-)CC071C84-ADFB-4014-9494-DC54F2C1439B.jpeg

Yesterday as of 10pm was £2.74 for electric, including half charging my phev (company car and I'm out on the road shortly), having the electric blankets on for the kids for half an hour before bed, and ironing the kids school clothes, and gas was £0.64 with showers and one load of washing up. I hate leaving plates from lunch until later but filling up the bowl once is cheaper.

Got my estimate through from British Gas last week and they think I'll be spending around £1600 each on gas and electric annually now. I estimate slightly lower so we'll see. We've not put the heating on so far but that may change in October.

Bought the dog a new blanket too for a tenner, he's part chihuahua so shivers at the slightest breeze anyway but I can't see us having the heating on overnight even if it starts hitting below zero this winter.

Just have to cut our cloth accordingly and plan ahead, which isn't really going to help a recession unfortunately. Food shop is about 20% more expensive weekly now, so we buy about 20% less food or swap. Also finding we are buying more microwaveable things as even with the added cost of a prepared portion, 90 seconds in a microwave is much cheaper than 20 mins boiling or 40 on the oven.

Will also be dropping Netflix next month and considering doing the same with prime especially as Amazon have upped the cost. We'll probably all be in bed by 8pm in December anyway to save on heating costs!
Get yourself an iptv pal instead of Netflix and prime for those long winter nights.

Get yourself an iptv pal instead of Netflix and prime for those long winter nights.
My mate has it and speaks very highly of it, says the service levels is on another planet compared to Sky and Virgin. I'm tempted but i think you need to be on facebook / twitter / instagram to sign up and get the best out of it (correct me if i'm wrong?) and i don't really do social media besides Bluemoon.

Yesterday as of 10pm was £2.74 for electric, including half charging my phev (company car and I'm out on the road shortly), having the electric blankets on for the kids for half an hour before bed, and ironing the kids school clothes, and gas was £0.64 with showers and one load of washing up. I hate leaving plates from lunch until later but filling up the bowl once is cheaper.

Got my estimate through from British Gas last week and they think I'll be spending around £1600 each on gas and electric annually now. I estimate slightly lower so we'll see. We've not put the heating on so far but that may change in October.

Bought the dog a new blanket too for a tenner, he's part chihuahua so shivers at the slightest breeze anyway but I can't see us having the heating on overnight even if it starts hitting below zero this winter.

Just have to cut our cloth accordingly and plan ahead, which isn't really going to help a recession unfortunately. Food shop is about 20% more expensive weekly now, so we buy about 20% less food or swap. Also finding we are buying more microwaveable things as even with the added cost of a prepared portion, 90 seconds in a microwave is much cheaper than 20 mins boiling or 40 on the oven.

Will also be dropping Netflix next month and considering doing the same with prime especially as Amazon have upped the cost. We'll probably all be in bed by 8pm in December anyway to save on heating costs!

Anyone struggling for food. This is a great site for saving food that would normally go to waste. Has big names like Gregg's, harvester, local carvery places. Good if you might be in Piccadilly or town daily as loads on there. You download the app, set your max travel distance and it shows you places that have food bags at low prices. Just check the customer rating. Gregg's ones usually have loads in them for £2.59 a bag but some can be hit and miss. Best to look early in the day and then there's a set time you can collect your bag from.
If they cancel for any reason you just contact too good to go via the help button and they give you a voucher towards your next bag. I've used it a few times and rarely been disappointed

For both Electric and Gas £90 per month fixed until February 28th ( my birthday ) with the french firm EDF
The heating hasn’t been on yet only hot water, hoping to save a little before it goes up next. March 1st dreading the price rises and still don’t know what the help is, it’s confusing

Anyone struggling for food. This is a great site for saving food that would normally go to waste. Has big names like Gregg's, harvester, local carvery places. Good if you might be in Piccadilly or town daily as loads on there. You download the app, set your max travel distance and it shows you places that have food bags at low prices. Just check the customer rating. Gregg's ones usually have loads in them for £2.59 a bag but some can be hit and miss. Best to look early in the day and then there's a set time you can collect your bag from.
If they cancel for any reason you just contact too good to go via the help button and they give you a voucher towards your next bag. I've used it a few times and rarely been disappointed

Cheers, very thoughtful and hopefully it is of use to whoever is in need. We'll be fine, we've never really done takeaways or stuff like that for example so don't have these expenses, although the fear is that it means dipping into our savings which are really meant for the girls future. Although it is giving us the opportunity to introduce our eldest to the idea of budgeting and prioritising which she oddly finds quite fun.

When we moved house last year we expected higher bills so over budgeted, although not quite to double or more! There are people in much more worrying positions than us and I do worry for them. For example a house near where we used to live went to first time buyers at around £540k, which must frightening levels of debt and I hear from neighbours still living there that it may be going up again shortly.

Just had my letter from BG with estimate for Oct onwards will be £860 electricity & £949 for gas pa so total £1809 with gov £400 will be £1409 .

My mate has it and speaks very highly of it, says the service levels is on another planet compared to Sky and Virgin. I'm tempted but i think you need to be on facebook / twitter / instagram to sign up and get the best out of it (correct me if i'm wrong?) and i don't really do social media besides Bluemoon.
No mate not necessarily have a word with your mate, he could possibly get you signed up I did it fir my dad who doesn’t do any of that.

For both Electric and Gas £90 per month fixed until February 28th ( my birthday ) with the french firm EDF
The heating hasn’t been on yet only hot water, hoping to save a little before it goes up next. March 1st dreading the price rises and still don’t know what the help is, it’s confusing
You’ll go onto the standard rate. Most firms have stopped offering fixes.

You’ll go onto the standard rate. Most firms have stopped offering fixes.

So when in February my runs out they won’t be offering fixes we normally get back £400 at the end of the year I think It’s people with children that will find it hard ours all lived in the shower tv lights cooker, so glad they now have to pay all their own bills.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.