Gas & Electricity

Not best practise I know but I feel I have been ripped off by the Energy industry since my fixed term contract was terminated without any legal recourse to me. I mean, had I decided I wanted to leave and go somewhere cheaper I'd have been penalised..... so, I have no guilt about misreading my meter and adding another 50 units on at the cheaper rate - I thought they always wanted to get your money in advance.... when it suits them the thieving bastards.
If they have cancelled it unlawfully, you could get some good compensation.

I hope everyone fleeces their company without being caught, but you do run the risk though. Good luck.

If they have cancelled it unlawfully, you could get some good compensation.

I hope everyone fleeces their company without being caught, but you do run the risk though. Good luck.
No, they went bust, do it for just a few units as opposed to hundreds and you should be okay... Just pisses me off that they can do that but in reverse i.e a business going bust, they would've been pursued to the end of the earth....

The energy market should never be a for profit Business, it is an essential service and nationalised. Had it been nationalised the government would've been able to control the situation much better, a bit like France who have seen price rises in the region of 4% compared to us gullible brits.

No, they went bust, do it for just a few units as opposed to hundreds and you should be okay... Just pisses me off that they can do that but in reverse i.e a business going bust, they would've been pursued to the end of the earth....

The energy market should never be a for profit Business, it is an essential service and nationalised. Had it been nationalised the government would've been able to control the situation much better, a bit like France who have seen price rises in the region of 4% compared to us gullible brits.
Agreed. Essential services should never be for profit companies.

They literally don’t do anything but send your readings everyday. They help save people money.

No one needs one. You don’t need energy saving lightbulbs either, but they can help you reduce your bills.
I have energy saving light bulbs and I do need them, because they save energy. I send my meter readings to Ovo every month as requested, like I have every month for about 8 years or however long Ive been with them. Takes me seconds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.