Gas & Electricity

So the Octopus are knocking the governments £66 of our direct debit payments. Another three delightful bottles of Tanqueray that's winging it's way into our feral lifestyle. Hoozah Hoozah!

That isn’t right. Well, as far as I understand it, itisn’t. The government website states you will get the money paid directly into your bank account shortly after your next six payments go out. I know it doesn’t really make much difference in practice but that money is a rebate for you to do with what you want. Not for the company to decide they’re going to intercept it to make sure you pay them.

That isn’t right. Well, as far as I understand it, itisn’t. The government website states you will get the money paid directly into your bank account shortly after your next six payments go out. I know it doesn’t really make much difference in practice but that money is a rebate for you to do with what you want. Not for the company to decide they’re going to intercept it to make sure you pay them.

depends how you pay, DD get a discount on their bills

Energy companies can decide how it’s distributed I think so there are different methods being used

No you are wrong.
Octopus are knocking it off bills paid by DD.
B Gas are putting it in accounts.

No you are wrong.
Octopus are knocking it off bills paid by DD.
B Gas are putting it in accounts.

They’ve changed the wording on the government website. A few weeks ago it said:

c667982cc6e9d392ea2a69b8ba12914e.jpg

Now it says:

969f48c82125acc87e89880e6b23b584.jpg

Probably had pressure off some of the companies saying they want the money direct in case people renege on their DD but then still get the rebate.

Not what the Octopus email we received stated. I will upload when I get back from daily ablutions.

EDF email states the rebate will be paid into the bank account the direct debit comes from and I don’t need to do anything.

Seems stupid. Just take £66/£67 less each month for the duration surely?

Not what the Octopus email we received stated. I will upload when I get back from daily ablutions.

See my post above. It seems like the government have changed their policy ( being convinced to change it ££££ ) to allow companies to claim the money directly and knock it off your bill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.