Gas & Electricity

Should be grateful they at least wear it. When I was living with my daughter she would literally try stuff on, not like the look of it, and hurl it in the washing because she couldn’t be arsed hanging it back up.
Mine doesn’t know how to hang things up. She just chucks it wherever she takes it off!

Just been advised by Bulb they are putting up my DD from £90 a month to £192. Now admittedly I dropped it myself from £146 a few months back as I had built up £500 in credit (which has now gone) but it's still some jump. I suspect their "estimates" ignore the fact that people will be a lot more savvy about how and when they use energy than they have been previously. I confidently expect to be slashing that price soon.......won't I?

Every winter, my mrs goes round the house cracking all the windows open (dunno another term for it) so they are open like half a centimetre or a centimetre or so, while I'm in work in the day. They look visibly closed from afar, but they're not fully closed.

Then most evenings I get, 'we need to turn the thermostat up, I'm freezing!'

Yes that's because we have a draught running through the whole house because you've cracked 20+ windows front, back, side, upstairs and downstairs.

'yes but they're not fully open it's just so the rooms don't get damp'

We don't have damp issues though, and never have in this house.

Eventually, I will walk round the house securing all the windows fully closed again. Then the next day I go to work and it all starts again.

In the heatwave in the summer the house was a nice and cool 18-19 degrees. Blinds closed, windows closed. Nice and cool. I explained the science behind leaving blinds closed and windows closed - and I even sent her some links to articles in science journals and The Guardian, just to prove I wasn't chatting shit.

Anyway, I got home from work when it was 30+ degrees every day, and she'd have all the blinds up, windows wide open. Front, back, side, upstairs and downstairs.

'we need air conditioning, it's so hot in the house, I just can't sleep, it's not fair on the kids'

Zzzzzz. What's the point, eh?

I pay all the bills atm, I suppose this stuff doesn't matter when you're not footing the tab. So will probably insist she pays the gas and leccy bills for the next 6 months. We'll see how that curbs the energy wastage.

Every winter, my mrs goes round the house cracking all the windows open (dunno another term for it) so they are open like half a centimetre or a centimetre or so, while I'm in work in the day. They look visibly closed from afar, but they're not fully closed.

Yes that's because we have a draught running through the whole house because you've cracked 20+ windows front, back, side, upstairs and downstairs.

Eventually, I will walk round the house securing all the windows fully closed again. Then the next day I go to work and it all starts again.

In the heatwave in the summer the house was a nice and cool 18-19 degrees. Blinds closed, windows closed. Nice and cool. I explained the science behind leaving blinds closed and windows closed - and I even sent her some links to articles in science journals and The Guardian, just to prove I wasn't chatting shit.

Anyway, I got home from work when it was 30+ degrees every day, and she'd have all the blinds up, windows wide open. Front, back, side, upstairs and downstairs.

'we need air conditioning, it's so hot in the house, I just can't sleep, it's not fair on the kids'

I pay all the bills atm, I suppose this stuff doesn't matter when you're not footing the tab. So will probably insist she pays the gas and leccy bills for the next 6 months. We'll see how that curbs the energy wastage.

Think your last resort is violence now Gandalf, don't let her mug you off.

It's exactly the same for me. Almost word for word. I can hardly believe what I'm reading. Incredible.

Me and the missus will be having tumble dryer wars this winter. The amount of washing in our house is ridiculous. I wear stuff for days. Her and my daughter wear stuff once and it’s in the wash basket! Does my head in!
And again. It's exactly the same here. She's gone out to work now and left towels in tumble drier with another 30 minutes to run. As soon as she left I whipped out towels and hung them on the line. They should get a couple of hours in the evening sunshine and breeze...between the showers. Then I'll stick them back in the drier for a minute before she returns later.

Just done a shit load of washing, bedding etc. before the price rises in a couple of days, been glorious so managed to get it all dried in the sun. How sad has my life become!

So the Octopus are knocking the governments £66 of our direct debit payments. Another three delightful bottles of Tanqueray winging their way into our feral lifestyle. Hoozah Hoozah!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.