Gas & Electricity

See my post above. It seems like the government have changed their policy ( being convinced to change it ££££ ) to allow companies to claim the money directly and knock it off your bill.
Grafting at the moment but just logged on to our account and Octopus said our D.D payment for 1st October will be £83. We normally pay £150.

EDF email states the rebate will be paid into the bank account the direct debit comes from and I don’t need to do anything.

Seems stupid. Just take £66/£67 less each month for the duration surely?
I'm with EDF myself and I prefer it paid directly back into the bank TBH.

I’m with Sainsbury/E.on and just had an email saying that they are reducing my payment next month by £66.

Wise move, but how shit is it that in the uk in 2022 this is happening. Fuck the tories

It’s ok, those above 150k will have the biggest tax breaks - I’m sure that will trickle down and we’ll be able to shower and not worry about using the dish washer soon enough

That isn’t right. Well, as far as I understand it, itisn’t. The government website states you will get the money paid directly into your bank account shortly after your next six payments go out. I know it doesn’t really make much difference in practice but that money is a rebate for you to do with what you want. Not for the company to decide they’re going to intercept it to make sure you pay them.
EON have done the same to my bill putting the rebate on my bill to reduce the amount I pay.

My wife suffers terrible sinusitus - cold air = intense headaches, so we had to use the heating a lot this weekend.

Total energy bill for Sunday = £10.96.

Ah that must be awful for her
Jeez that’s a lot - ours was over £4 and we didn’t even use the gas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.