Gas & Electricity

You get a £66 a month discount on the next 6 months bills from the government don’t you?

Maybe they’re equating that into their figures?
I was thinking that myself, i was expecting an increase so when I recieved the email saying £174 a month i wasn't surprised, but then getting another email later in the day saying £104 threw me.

I am in the fortunate position where I can afford an increase but many won't, if they can't decide themselves how much we should be paying then how do they expect people to budget.

They literally don’t do anything but send your readings everyday. They help save people money.

No one needs one. You don’t need energy saving lightbulbs either, but they can help you reduce your bills.
What an idiotic post.
Smart meters only help stupid people save money.
You know, the ones who didn’t realise leaving things on or using a tumble dryer cost money.

What an idiotic post.
You know, the ones who didn’t realise leaving things on or using a tumble dryer cost money.
Cheers Denis for the unnecessary insult.

Of course anybody can save money without one. They could, for instance, sit in the dark using a torch rather than see what a light cost to use.

Smart meters show you exactly what you use, when.

FYI, my dishwasher costs far more to run than my tumble dryer, so maybe you should change the appliance in your post.

What an idiotic post.
In this climate, particularly this time of year, they're (unfortunately) a necessary evil. I usually give the washing two or three 10 minutes spins at the end. Cuts down the time needed in the tumble dryer. Can normally get the washing bone dry in about 75 minutes.

Bluemoon, the forum to give you money saving tips.

In this climate, particularly this time of year, they're (unfortunately) a necessary evil. I usually give the washing two or three 10 minutes spins at the end. Cuts down the time needed in the tumble dryer. Can normally get the washing bone dry in about 75 minutes.

Bluemoon, the forum to give you money saving tips.
It’s also cheaper for me to run my tumble dryer until clothes are dry (c.40p currently), than drying it on the radiators. C.90p per hour of boiler use.

Those figures will obviously change next week and having a smart meter allows me to know what each cost on October 1st, rather than Nov 1st if using an ordinary meter,

It’s also cheaper for me to run my tumble dryer until clothes are dry (c.40p currently), than drying it on the radiators. C.90p per hour of boiler use.

Those figures will obviously change next week and having a smart meter allows me to know what each cost on October 1st, rather than Nov 1st if using an ordinary meter,
The airing cupboard can be useful as well. Small, fairly easily dried items (socks, tea towels boxer shorts etc) can be dried on the shelves in there overnight.

Who the fuck mentioned mumsnet?

Me and the missus will be having tumble dryer wars this winter. The amount of washing in our house is ridiculous. I wear stuff for days. Her and my daughter wear stuff once and it’s in the wash basket! Does my head in!

Me and the missus will be having tumble dryer wars this winter. The amount of washing in our house is ridiculous. I wear stuff for days. Her and my daughter wear stuff once and it’s in the wash basket! Does my head in!
Start wearing her stuff as well when she puts it in the basket, just take it back out.

Should be grateful they at least wear it. When I was living with my daughter she would literally try stuff on, not like the look of it, and hurl it in the washing because she couldn’t be arsed hanging it back up.

I doubt you are alone. There’ll be loads of male vs female arguments about how much energy is used.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.