Gas & Electricity

Waiting to log on at Scottish Power. 1563rd in the queue. Never queued to log on before.

Got an email from Bulb yesterday. They said:

‘Based on your latest meter readings and the credit in your account, we're lowering your monthly payment amount to £33.02. We've included any upcoming Energy Bills Support Scheme payments in our calculations’.

So the govt aren’t actually putting any money into our bank accounts, just deducting straight from our bill, it appears? Better for those who did want to spend it on energy but are shit at being sensible with their spending.

Hard to read as i am vertically challenged, but read the second line. It says the AVERAGE home (most use the term TYPICAL)

There is no upper limit, it depends how AVERAGE/TYPICAL we all are

The £2500 is based on an annual usage of 2900 kWh of electricity and 12000 kWh of gas. If you use more than that, you'll pay more than £2500 and if you use less, you'll pay less.

They really should be clearer about this - I've had someone at work ask me the other week if the £2500 cap means he can use as much gas and electric as he wants and only get charged a maximum of £2500 for it. This bloke isn't someone I'd class as unintelligent so there must be loads of people up and down the country who are thinking the same.
Exactly mate, plenty of people are failing to grasp the fact the £2,500 figure is a limit the energy supplier can charge and not a “cap” for what they’ll be charged, it’s starts to sink in a bit when I ask them when was the last time they got their gas and electric for nothing .

Just a recap for anybody unsure, with the government-backed scheme, you're going to be paying:-

~ 34p per kWh for electricty
~ 10.3p per kWh for gas

Plus standing charges (which will probably be a lot less than 10% of your cost, so don't worry about them)

Waiting to log on at Scottish Power. 1563rd in the queue. Never queued to log on before.
If you already have an online account number with them then it'll only take about 10 minutes in the que, despite quoted position.

Phoning them is an entirely different kettle of fish, the other day had me on hold for an hour n half then a further half hour before the line cut off!

Gas n Electric, two separate accounts.

1st October 2022 =

Electricity per kWh now 33.476p from 28.014p. Up 19.5%.
Gas 10.327p from 7.34p. Up 40.7%.

standing charges extra on top

They said my annual bill will be around £3,300

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.