Gas & Electricity

Listen pal they only come down the stairs when they are hungry or the Wifi goes off. Im giving them a choice bread and water or the internet.
The fuse option might be a good one but the buggers will soon work that one out.

You've touched on an issue there mate and a very good one. Modern families all seem to live in different rooms which all need heating and electricity to run appliances etc.

Imagine what a fuel bill would be if you only had to heat one room and one TV?

You've touched on an issue there mate and a very good one. Modern families all seem to live in different rooms which all need heating and electricity to run appliances etc.

I only wish Mexico and as it is Im in Mexico right now. God knows what the boys are using at home.
Yes its difficult the eldest is on it on it....Educational plus his social media. The younger kids are on Ps5's plus I pads and mobiles.
The wife is never off it. We are a family of five. I spend my non working hours turning off lights and plugs. Its me who pays for it.

Exactly mate. That is how homes were in the past. Not anymore.

Last edited:
I wonder how much new estates are pushing up prices

5 years ago when I moved in there was fields and open space everywhere near the village I live - it’s now housing estates everwhere and there still building new estates - Dartford have had a 20% increase of population and it shows.

Just wondering all these thousands of new homes are all using water, gas, electric- it must be pushing up demand for supply

I wonder how much new estates are pushing up prices

5 years ago when I moved in there was fields and open space everywhere near the village I live - it’s now housing estates everwhere and there still building new estates - Dartford have had a 20% increase of population and it shows.

Just wondering all these thousands of new homes are all using water, gas, electric- it must be pushing up demand for supply
It’ll be pushing up their profits, that’s for sure

Just a recap for anybody unsure, with the government-backed scheme, you're going to be paying:-

~ 34p per kWh for electricty
~ 10.3p per kWh for gas

Plus standing charges (which will probably be a lot less than 10% of your cost, so don't worry about them)
My standing charges come out ot £250 per annum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.