Gas & Electricity

My initial panic at these costs has somewhat dwindled

Doesn’t seem like I’ll be paying much more than last year or so

Seems to be a predicted cost of a rise of £3-400 down to now less than £200
So, would you say all the outrage in this long thread was a bit pointless ?

Not really, prices have still gone through the rough. The government have had to give every household £400 and offset any more rises as a long term loan which tax payers will be funding instead of the energy companies. And Bluehammer is one person on this thread, there will be plenty of other people who can't afford these rises and will have to go cold or miss a meal.

Not really, prices have still gone through the rough. The government have had to give every household £400 and offset any more rises as a long term loan which tax payers will be funding instead of the energy companies. And Bluehammer is one person on this thread, there will be plenty of other people who can't afford these rises and will have to go cold or miss a meal.
That sounds pretty generous from the Gov. I read earlier that bills would go up by thousands to like 5k a year.
Is that now not the case ?
Less that 200 a year doesn't sound that bad.

Nope, there was genuine concern for a lot of households and even though I’m relieved I’m looking at around £200, that’s still double than what I was paying last year

For a lot of households and businesses, a 100% increase can cost them everything

Nope, there was genuine concern for a lot of households and even though I’m relieved I’m looking at around £200, that’s still double than what I was paying last year

For a lot of households and businesses, a 100% increase can cost them everything
Let’s see what you say in February.

That sounds pretty generous from the Gov. I read earlier that bills would go up by thousands to like 5k a year.
Is that now not the case ?

The government have fixed the unit rates so the average household should pay no more than £2500 a year, but the Energy firms are still charging far higher than that but the government are covering it using tax payers money in long term loans for the next 2 years.

It is bollocks they should have used a windfall tax, even some of the tories wanted a windfall tax but nope Truss has saddled the UK with the debt instead.

On the subject of women they are outrageous when it comes to "wasting" energy. My 19 year old daughter thinks it's OK to wash her work uniform, which is 3 shirts and a couple of pair of trousers, then put the heating on to dry them as I've took the plug off the tumble dryer. So I need to find a way of "child locking" the thermostat.

And my wife still thinks it's OK to leave the television on all day for the dog.

No matter how much I explain without trying to get mad, I just get a blank look.

They might realise next time they ask to go into town for a few drinks and something to eat and the answer is no!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.