Gas & Electricity

The assumption made by most articles is that you just keep the water running to rinse all your crockery and glasses which is mental. Just fill the bowl up and start with glassware first. They also assume that you are just washing crockery, no pans, cooking dishes etc which use up lots of the space in the dishwasher.
Anyway all that said, dishwashers are convenient.
For our dishwasher you have to give everything a hand wash before it goes in anyway so it's a bit of a double whammy. It only works brilliantly if you crank it onto full temperature and use those fancy tablets every time which costs a bomb.

We use Aldi tablets and run the dishwasher on eco mode so I suppose you get what you pay for....

Just reading the past few pages it seems a lot of people end up with credit etc in their accounts. I am with So Energy and I give my readings, get sent a bill and they collect that amount by direct debit. Is it something I am missing?

Id rather have the money left in my own account rather than have a few hundred quid sat somewhere else.

My Ikea dishwasher gets everything put in unrinsed. Plates, Pots, pans, utensils, just nothing aluminium, set on 65 degrees and using Finish ultimate tabs once a day. Everything comes out squeaky clean.

Just reading the past few pages it seems a lot of people end up with credit etc in their accounts. I am with So Energy and I give my readings, get sent a bill and they collect that amount by direct debit. Is it something I am missing?

Id rather have the money left in my own account rather than have a few hundred quid sat somewhere else.
If you can afford a winter bill for say £500 in one hit, carry on. Most people can't, so split the cost of their energy throughout the year. Easier to have the credit there rather than the temptation of it being in my bank account.

Most energy firms used to give a discount for paying monthly. It helped their cashflow. If you paid on receipt of the bill you didn't get the discount thereby paying more.

The £300 I'm in credit might as well sit their rather earning 0.25% interest in my current account!

If you can afford a winter bill for say £500 in one hit, carry on. Most people can't, so split the cost of their energy throughout the year. Easier to have the credit there rather than the temptation of it being in my bank account.

Most energy firms used to give a discount for paying monthly. It helped their cashflow. If you paid on receipt of the bill you didn't get the discount thereby paying more.

The £300 I'm in credit might as well sit their rather earning 0.25% interest in my current account!
Im with you. I guess I haven't really considered how would I deal with a big one off bill. So far mine are all about £80.
Well at least there are some instant access savings with about 2.5% these days so definitely could make something!

Im with you. I guess I haven't really considered how would I deal with a big one off bill. So far mine are all about £80.
Well at least there are some instant access savings with about 2.5% these days so definitely could make something!
£80? Do you pay weekly?

£80? Do you pay weekly?
ha, thats my monthly average since I moved into my house in July 2022. 3bed terrace in London.

I work full time in the office however and my fiancee also does 3 days a week in the office so I reckon thats a big money saver.

I have been looking to get ahead of the curve with this, my bills are usually around £70 a month for gas and electric, i have been paying £150 in order to build up a buffer for when these hikes hit.

With the £66 government assistance I am now in effect paying £216 a month into the account, i am expecting my bill this moth to be in the region of £100 and next month expect to see my gas usage increase further so maybe go up in the region of £130 a month. As such I expect to be fine going forward.

The reality is that I am fortunate that I don't really need the Government assistance payment, herein lies the issue though how do the government get the money to the people who really need it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.