Gas & Electricity

Have to laugh at some posts on here and posters who claim their bills are £80 a month for both.

Where do they live? A fucking shoe box??
I live in a 2 bedroomed house in Somerset, with A rated energy efficiency. Only me here. I am at work 5 days a week and have a shower at the gym in the morning.
It's costing me about £80 a month for both.
It's actually coating me less than it did it my terraced house, in Manchester.

I live in a 2 bedroomed house in Somerset, with A rated energy efficiency. Only me here. I am at work 5 days a week and have a shower at the gym in the morning.
It's costing me about £80 a month for both.
It's actually coating me less than it did it my terraced house, in Manchester.
10° warmer in Somerset than Manchester, plus you've got Coates.

I never knew I’d need lessons my gran just did it !! those were the day’s no money no nothing. In fact they used to have a wash house where all the women went communal washing.
I don’t want to give the chancellor idea’s though so I’ll shut up with money saving tips.

PS the washing up bowl takes 18 litre’s to the top. He just measured it.

Last edited:
I never knew I’d need lessons my gran just did it !! those were the day’s no money no nothing. In fact they used to have a wash house where all the women went communal washing.
I don’t want to give the chancellor idea’s though so I’ll shut up with money saving tips.

PS the washing up bowl takes 18 litre’s to the top. He just measured it.
Must have a Belfast sink.

Just to counterbalance the low-ballers on here, our use for October is £230 for gas and electric.

Used the heating a few hours a day but surprisingly little in the evening compared to normal. The electric is higher than I thought it would be, possibly because we’ve used the tumble dryer a lot. Will look at cutting that down going forward.

Have been paying £236 DD for months so over £500 in credit now ready for increasing gas usage for the next few months.

Just to counterbalance the low-ballers on here, our use for October is £230 for gas and electric.

Used the heating a few hours a day but surprisingly little in the evening compared to normal. The electric is higher than I thought it would be, possibly because we’ve used the tumble dryer a lot. Will look at cutting that down going forward.

Have been paying £236 DD for months so over £500 in credit now ready for increasing gas usage for the next few months.
Most peoples’ electricity will be fairly consistent throughout the year unless its used for heating.

Gas is the major variable for the vast majority of us.

2 hours heating yesterday cost us £3.50.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.