Gas & Electricity

I don't normally plan my home life like I plan work, but this year was different. I built up a £350 buffer (surplus during April-October). With the government giving me £66 a month leaving me with a £200 a month bill and turning down the thermostat a degree or so, I should get to the end of winter OK.
I’ve always lived that way - just habit I guess from growing up with a paraffin heater and ice on the inside of the bedroom windows. I think the days of cheap energy have gone for decades. We’ll all learn to turn things down or off and wear layers .

My Gas before I turned it on was 35p (on smart meter) after 3 hours it went to 89p

Know this as it’s first time I put it on out of interest
Check again after 30 mins, I put the fire on yesterday after half an hour it said 4p, turned it off, 10 mins later the smart meter jumped up to 37p!

Is anyone else finding more mould in their house? We’ve tried to limit the heating so far this year, the downside seems to be mould in the bathroom and kitchen every few days.
I know it sounds counter intuitive but you really need to keep an eye on ventilation this time of year.
It’s tempting to keep all the windows closed all the time, but this just leads to condensation which in turn leads to mould.
Try to let some fresh air in, especially the bathroom and kitchen areas when you’re producing steam.
Dry air is cheaper to heat too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.