Gas & Electricity

£34 a month??? Good God, I'm a year in to a 3 year fixed deal and paying £128 a month and grateful for it. Mind you, we're home all day and the wife can't manage on a cold house.
I am lucky living in a small bungalow alone and i dont use two rooms so i dont heat them , also lucky i got a really cheap fix two years ago

I am lucky living in a small bungalow alone and i dont use two rooms so i dont heat them , also lucky i got a really cheap fix two years ago
Ahh fair enough, we were paying £74 a month one year ago and it seemed a big jump to what is now £128 a month.

Our usage is:-
Gas - 11,883 kWh/yr
Electricity - 3,389 kWh/yr

I'll try and figure out what that is with the current rates later.

But you are likely to be using electric to heat the water in the dishwasher. Washing by hand, in my house, involves gas in the combi boiler. Gas is still much cheaper than electric.

Is your boiler not powered by electric. Still uses electric and gas to heat the water, whereas the dishwasher is just electric.

Ahh fair enough, we were paying £74 a month one year ago and it seemed a big jump to what is now £128 a month.

Our usage is:-
Gas - 11,883 kWh/yr
Electricity - 3,389 kWh/yr

I'll try and figure out what that is with the current rates later.
i am hoping the extra from the gov and the current dd will cover it without a massive rise in the dd in dec , i was paying 47 but last review they put it down , i didnt question it in case it w as a mistake ! 140 quid in credit

i am hoping the extra from the gov and the current dd will cover it without a massive rise in the dd in dec , i was paying 47 but last review they put it down , i didnt question it in case it w as a mistake !
That's the thing with energy companies, if it was a mistake they'll just double the next one to make up the difference.

Are draft excluders still a thing. I always remember one at home that looked like a green snake.
No idea but the hallway in our house is freezing, we’ve new double glazing but with the glass in the surround it doesn’t help, wife will be out getting a thermal curtain today, every little helps hopefully.

Is your boiler not powered by electric. Still uses electric and gas to heat the water, whereas the dishwasher is just electric.
Yes it is, but the electric only operates the pump in the boiler. Uses minimal electric when operating. Heating water using electric is about 4 times more expensive than gas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.