Gas & Electricity

Had a smart meter fitted last Monday. I will find out my first weeks total cost for gas and electricity tomorrow afternoon.

I’m still with Bulb, but they have been bought off the Government by Octopus Energy.

A big thanks to the Bulb staff who were brilliant. My calls were always answered straight away. The staff were helpful and knowledgable. Hence why I stayed with Bulb. Plus Bulb were cheap at the time.

Also a big thanks to North West Electricity for taking out my old 1930’s metal case electric unit and replacing it with a new modern one free of charge

I think drastic things have to be done, I’d say every house that’s built must have solar panels, not one or two in the row, everyone. High rise buildings similar.
Id go further. In the UK we normally live on streets, in estates or wherever. Its daft for every house in terraced houses to have a boiler each and its daft for those little new build estates to have them too. There must be scope for a central thing that everyone pays rates too and you can adjust to suit. I bet that would be more economical and green than every individual house running their own, feet away from the next

Gas bill DD gone up from £63 to £196 pm, electric £107 to £147, £560 in credit with gas, so glad it's been mild recently, need to keep house warm as 4 yr old grandson lives with us. Wife WFH, I work nights, she bought one of those Oodle things to wear instead of putting central heating on, hope this winter ain't a bad one..
Energy DDs not far short of a week's wage, I pay the bills, wife mortgage and council tax, not well off, but comfortable, but still watch the smart meters.

EDF still not fixed my smart meter, seems now we are trapped with companies they don’t give a shit, I’ll be leaving them as soon as possible, twats.

I shaved my head once for charity , i liked it , keep my hair really short since then , i look like a lesbian but never mind , lol
That's a very misogynist and narrow view of lesbians kaz. The ones I watch cavorting on the internet tend to be very feminine looking.

Had a smart meter fitted last Monday. I will find out my first weeks total cost for gas and electricity tomorrow afternoon.

I’m still with Bulb, but they have been bought off the Government by Octopus Energy.

A big thanks to the Bulb staff who were brilliant. My calls were always answered straight away. The staff were helpful and knowledgable. Hence why I stayed with Bulb. Plus Bulb were cheap at the time.

Also a big thanks to North West Electricity for taking out my old 1930’s metal case electric unit and replacing it with a new modern one free of charge
Octopus have not bought Bulb yet.
The high court have put the sale on hold after complaints from rival companies.

Reactions: jrb
Id go further. In the UK we normally live on streets, in estates or wherever. Its daft for every house in terraced houses to have a boiler each and its daft for those little new build estates to have them too. There must be scope for a central thing that everyone pays rates too and you can adjust to suit. I bet that would be more economical and green than every individual house running their own, feet away from the next
Like Bristol?

First week of combined gas and electricity used, £26.50. 2 of us.

Would have been under £25, but I did all the clothes washing yesterday. Hung most of the washing out to dry, but some of it was still damp so I had to use the tumble dryer for a bit. Hoping to get the costs down under £25 a week, if possible?

Tumble dryer seems to be our biggest expense currently, managing without much heating but Dryer costing £2-£3 per day when we need to use it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.