Gas & Electricity

Is a smart meter a good idea? I'm with EDF and keep fucking them off every time they suggest fitting one! I thought there were issues with them when switching suppliers so was holding off as long as possible.
I have always been on the fence with smart meters , i have had lots of feedback on here and have decided not to , i would be totally obsessed with looking at it which wouldnt help my anxiety , i prefer to cut back as much as possible , i can do it being on my own in a small space

For those worried about my torch i have brought an led bulb for the bedroom , too bright for night time though, wakes me up too much

We bought a condenser dryer in the summer and drying 2 lots of washing a week costs about 75p.

The dishwasher is more expensive to run for us, but is still cheaper than washing everything by hand. economic dishwashers are really expensive to buy.
Just did 2 lots of drying yesterday alone!

Dishwasher pretty cheap for us actually, although it's a new one with an eco mode (we rent so not bought by us). Takes about 5 hours but costs about 40/50p I think.

Anyone with a smart meter had one of those money saving days yet where you get paid to not use energy during peak times?

Just did 2 lots of drying yesterday alone!

Dishwasher pretty cheap for us actually, although it's a new one with an eco mode (we rent so not bought by us). Takes about 5 hours but costs about 40/50p I think.
Mad that it’s come to this, but I guess it’s the best thing for the environment.

Wonder what % less of gas we will use over the winter compared with last year.

Anyone on Octopus Agile tariff will get electricity free on Christmas Day between 11.00 until 15.00

I love how OVO have my bill as receiving a £66 monthly refund and seem to be deducting/showing it as coming off my £560 in credit?

Surely that money is mine in the first place, so how can it be listed as a refund?

I assumed the £66 I started getting last month was the government assistance money?

We've spent £48 this month so far on gas and electric, yet they are saying we will be -£350 in the next 12 months.

My maths aren't the best but surely the £95 a month we are paying at present pretty much covers that £48 spent so far this month.

So why the fuck do they want us to increase our direct debit to £125 a month?
We are currently £685 in credit, to date this month we have spent a combined toatal of £60. Our DD is £257 but they want to up it to £350. Is it me or are they just trying to use us as their bank?

I don’t seem to be spending a huge amount more than I was. The £66 credit is actually leaving me better off at the moment. I’m surprised everyone gets it but I suppose it’s the easiest way of administering it. Saying that I read today that an NHS Trust paid £2500 for one nursing shift and that the rates agencies charge are uncapped! I bet the nurse got £150 of that!

I don’t seem to be spending a huge amount more than I was. The £66 credit is actually leaving me better off at the moment. I’m surprised everyone gets it but I suppose it’s the easiest way of administering it. Saying that I read today that an NHS Trust paid £2500 for one nursing shift and that the rates agencies charge are uncapped! I bet the nurse got £150 of that!
I think a lot of people will be using far less heating so far this year to previous ones.

Once it gets too cold to cope without heating, bills will begin to soar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.