Gas & Electricity

I love how OVO have my bill as receiving a £66 monthly refund and seem to be deducting/showing it as coming off my £560 in credit?

Surely that money is mine in the first place, so how can it be listed as a refund?

I assumed the £66 I started getting last month was the government assistance money?

We've spent £48 this month so far on gas and electric, yet they are saying we will be -£350 in the next 12 months.

My maths aren't the best but surely the £95 a month we are paying at present pretty much covers that £48 spent so far this month.

So why the fuck do they want us to increase our direct debit to £125 a month?

For next April’s 70% + hike in the cap prices and the abolition, for most of us, of the £66 rebate.

Last edited:
Tumble dryer seems to be our biggest expense currently, managing without much heating but Dryer costing £2-£3 per day when we need to use it.
We bought a condenser dryer in the summer and drying 2 lots of washing a week costs about 75p.

The dishwasher is more expensive to run for us, but is still cheaper than washing everything by hand. economic dishwashers are really expensive to buy.

I love how OVO have my bill as receiving a £66 monthly refund and seem to be deducting/showing it as coming off my £560 in credit?

Surely that money is mine in the first place, so how can it be listed as a refund?

I assumed the £66 I started getting last month was the government assistance money?

We've spent £48 this month so far on gas and electric, yet they are saying we will be -£350 in the next 12 months.

My maths aren't the best but surely the £95 a month we are paying at present pretty much covers that £48 spent so far this month.

So why the fuck do they want us to increase our direct debit to £125 a month?
They will expect you (and all of us) to use a lot more gas as the temperature drops.

We’re trying to cope with electric throws when sitting in the evenings. So far, so good, but who knows when it’s really cold.

Similar usage for us has gone from £90p/m to £125p/m.

Thats with minimal central heating used though.

They will expect you (and all of us) to use a lot more gas as the temperature drops.

We’re trying to cope with electric throws when sitting in the evenings. So far, so good, but who knows when it’s really cold.

Similar usage for us has gone from £90p/m to £125p/m.

Thats with minimal central heating used though.

We only started putting ours on last week, for half an hour when the kids get up and then I sit in my coat during the day working at my laptop.

I've even started buying ready-made, microwaveable mash, instead of potatoes, as it takes too long on the hob to cook them!

We only started putting ours on last week, for half an hour when the kids get up and then I sit in my coat during the day working at my laptop.

I've even started buying ready-made, microwaveable mash, instead of potatoes, as it takes too long on the hob to cook them!
We have a gas cooker too. I’m making more batch meals that can easily be reheated, but cooking a meal from scratch costs us about 50p in gas.

The other thing that people might not know about is that the CofE Manchester diocese has allocated funds for their churches to be open as warm hubs at certain times. It might be worth checking to see if a church near you is open if you are struggling to keep warm. (Not aimed at you TH, but for anyone who needs it. It could also bring communities closer together again)

I don‘t know if other dioceses are offering the warm hub, but wherever you are in the U.K., it might be worth an ask if you need some assistance.

EDF still not fixed my smart meter, seems now we are trapped with companies they don’t give a shit, I’ll be leaving them as soon as possible, twats.
Is a smart meter a good idea? I'm with EDF and keep fucking them off every time they suggest fitting one! I thought there were issues with them when switching suppliers so was holding off as long as possible.

Is a smart meter a good idea? I'm with EDF and keep fucking them off every time they suggest fitting one! I thought there were issues with them when switching suppliers so was holding off as long as possible.
We have an older smart meter. We don’t have live usage, but we can see the previous day’s usage through Bulb’s app.

I check it once a day to make sure there are no anomalies, but then don’t think about it until the next day.

FF9E87E9-C175-4F34-96AD-112DA49076DF.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.