Gas & Electricity

Ha ha not far wrong, it was £11 for the three of us as my daughter had done well at her cheerleading, don’t often have them these days .
Same here, having a lot less takeaways recently, as for dining out, becoming a rarity now, needs must.

On a brighter note, just had the monthly bill from Octopus, spent only £12 more than the monthly amount they are charging, as we are over £700 in credit I think we can relax a bit on trying to be so frugal with the heating, gas was around £150 for the month, electric about £60. So glad we took the plunge and replaced the boiler back in the Spring, already reaping the benefits.

Our heating seems to be about a £1 an hour to tbf, new boiler aswell. Turn things down on it too I think.

Same here, having a lot less takeaways recently, as for dining out, becoming a rarity now, needs must.

On a brighter note, just had the monthly bill from Octopus, spent only £12 more than the monthly amount they are charging, as we are over £700 in credit I think we can relax a bit on trying to be so frugal with the heating, gas was around £150 for the month, electric about £60. So glad we took the plunge and replaced the boiler back in the Spring, already reaping the benefits.
Exactly the same mate, pub food has gone up about 50% I fear from them after Xmas. We had a new boiler installed in summer and it’s 100% better, house warms up quicker and hot water is almost instant. Like you I think we are in quite a bit of credit, although with EDF you can’t tell, probably the worst company I’ve ever used, unfortunately we can’t move suppliers! I binned the smart display the other day not good to keep watching it, if we are freezing the heatings going on, fuck it.

Don’t care how much it costs I am staying warm.

Before Covid my wife and I would do 3 cruises per year, only did one this year and the same next year. Big saving on holiday expense will go towards the household bills.

Don’t care how much it costs I am staying warm.

Before Covid my wife and I would do 3 cruises per year, only did one this year and the same next year. Big saving on holiday expense will go towards the household bills.
Hospitality and travel will take the brunt, that's for sure.

Thing about turning your boiler down, surely it all works out the same.

Higher temp, rooms heat up quicker, turn off heating earlier

or

Lower temp, rooms heat up slower, heating on for longer

No? What am I missing?...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.