Gas & Electricity

Ofgem have just increased the price cap to £4,279. This will come into effect from Jan next year!!!!!
Getting silly now, they are due to go over £5k in April with the cap been £3k, thank god central heating will be off by then, if and it’s a big IF things turn back to normal then we will all have loads of extra cash to spend but I have a funny feeling they will never drop to pre Covid prices. Best we get those nuclear plants, wind farms and tidal stuff built though I’ll be long gone by then.

When I had my new Ideal combi boiler fitted about 2 years ago I also had a combisave and filter fitted at the same time. There’s a combismart out now, which is shaped differently, but does the same job. The magnetic filter cleans the water before it goes into the combi Boiler. I also get the boiler serviced every year, which maintains it’s 12 year guarantee if anything should go wrong with it.

Stock picture.

Combisave.

E8CD1F27-05CB-493F-99F7-79EC8B015DAF.jpeg

British Gas combismart promo video. How it works.

Compact, highly efficient magnetic filter removes up to 100% of suspended black iron oxide, to protect and restore central heating systems. Rapid-fit connectors for quick installation and faster servicing.

4BF52887-845A-4DBC-A515-2097A8872ADA.jpeg

It had not occurred to me until I read a press story today, the taxpayer picks up the gas and leccy bill for MPs second homes. Humph.

It had not occurred to me until I read a press story today, the taxpayer picks up the gas and leccy bill for MPs second homes. Humph.
Yep along with lots of other things. Always amuses me when they say they need a second home in London, because they spend a long time working unsociable hours there.
As someone who spent the best part of 10yrs on the 5:11am train to London each day and getting back home at 9pm on an evening, I find it particularly grating.

Pe
Wife was interviewing at home yesterday. Having the heat on for 7 hours cost us £11.

And it’s going up next year. Madness.
people on JSA or legacy ESA (cont based) get about £100 a week more or less to live on.

My leccy and gas is £70 a week......they're well and truly fucked

Wife was interviewing at home yesterday. Having the heat on for 7 hours cost us £11.

And it’s going up next year. Madness.
Was that the first time it’s been on? Ive ended up with covid this week and put our heating on for the first time on Tuesday. The full day was around £12 in gas. Since then it’s been left on and averaged about £7 a day. So I think it used a lot more that first time to get the house up to temp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.