Gas & Electricity

Tables like that are pointless in my opinion. Its only the average use of their users, how ever many that is.

There is no such thing as a typical home anyway, too many variables: location, age of occupants, gas vs electric cooking, electric shower vs shower running off boiler/immersion heater etc.

Just look at your own consumption and try and reduce it.

My gas usage, slotted into that table, is that of a 1 bedroom flat with 1 occupant. My electric usage is a 5 bed house with 4 occupants!
I agree it may be weighted to high users to some extent, especially as those downloading this app may be doing so because they’re trying to reduce usage due to their high figures, but it’s a start, certainly not pointless. Also OFGEM have a less granular low/medium/high set of figures, TDCV I think it’s called, I’ve not compared the two sets yet. kWh usage though can only be compared as a total electricity + gas due to the different cooking and heating methods.

My mother has been in hospital for the 3 weeks in September. So I everything off whilst she was in hospital. I received an email from OVO this week saying based off her usage over the last couple ofmonths we need to increase her DD to £500 a month. They then sent her a current statement and she is in credit. Cannot work any of this out

My mother has been in hospital for the 3 weeks in September. So I everything off whilst she was in hospital. I received an email from OVO this week saying based off her usage over the last couple ofmonths we need to increase her DD to £500 a month. They then sent her a current statement and she is in credit. Cannot work any of this out
I am with OVO posted a couple of weeks back got 3 emails in one day each one raising my dd started at 300 then 320 then 350 ish ignored them got another yesterday saying should be 286 don't think they are really on top of things.

I am with OVO posted a couple of weeks back got 3 emails in one day each one raising my dd started at 300 then 320 then 350 ish ignored them got another yesterday saying should be 286 don't think they are really on top of things.
I signed her up a couple of months before the price hikes. She was supposed to be on a guaranteed price plan for 2 years. During a phone call they, more or less, accused me of knowing what was coming & telling me they couldn't afford to supply it at the agreed amount. Also,as the call center closes at 6pm, you get cut off in mid conversation at 6pm, even in mid conversation. At another point they said that the previous readings supplied by EDF were incorrect. At this point she didn't have a smart meter & EDF had never requested readings or came out to read them, so not sure how EDF gave them readings

Every year it was usually pushed to the edge in winter or slightly in deficit but then back in credit during the summer months. Roll on global warming then our milder months will start to outweigh the cold ones.

Just missed it as was doing the school run, what did he say?
Just waffling on about the percentage increases we are going to face in Jan, then April etc. I tried to zone out as much as possible as in my house we use far more than the typical household and I’d hate to think what my bills are going to be like by then, Octopus emailed me yesterday wanting to put mine up to £400 a month now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.