Gas & Electricity

We're not destroying it countries not cutting emissions are. It's also a debatable subject, there are just as many scientists say global warming isn't happening it's the earth's natural cycle, it heats up and cools down periodically. Aren't kids going to suffer from high energy bills now and in the future? Now if they live in a household that can't afford food and heating and when they're adults when they have to pay them themselves.
Heretic! Heretic!!
Pour scorn upon him! :)

Just did my meter reading and spent £280 this month! Had the heating on a fair bit though, but will need to reduce that next month!

We're not destroying it countries not cutting emissions are. It's also a debatable subject, there are just as many scientists say global warming isn't happening it's the earth's natural cycle, it heats up and cools down periodically. Aren't kids going to suffer from high energy bills now and in the future? Now if they live in a household that can't afford food and heating and when they're adults when they have to pay them themselves.
Even if there is debate, which I only really see one side being critically peer reviewed, surely if there is the remotest chance of reducing the rate of heating our planet, we need to do everything we can to do that.

Simply saying, “well, they’re polluting more than me, leave me alone” seems a poor attitude.

Energy bills in the future could be minimal should governments invest in 100% renewable, green energy, with the only costs to consumers being the upkeep costs. Iceland already do this.

Just did my meter reading and spent £280 this month! Had the heating on a fair bit though, but will need to reduce that next month!

That seems a lot. I'm in credit at the moment but we had a decent summer so the heating wasn't on for months.

The January increase won’t affect you because the cap is remaining. The pr3mium charged for not paying by DD is going up slightly.
It’s April when the shit will hit the fan with another increase and the cap stopping.
The poorest getting hit again with pre pay meters etc, that’s what should be looked at urgently also the correlation of electric and gas been tied together.

For anyone interested in new renewables technology, this is the ITER test fusion reactor being built in France and will cost more than the international space station (the current most expensive thing ever built).

It's absolutely incredible, and a bit scary.

c80b867_1647594678899-vvs1-in-ssat-pin-removal-3.jpg

tokama_bw-shades.jpg

Even if there is debate, which I only really see one side being critically peer reviewed, surely if there is the remotest chance of reducing the rate of heating our planet, we need to do everything we can to do that.

Simply saying, “well, they’re polluting more than me, leave me alone” seems a poor attitude.

Energy bills in the future could be minimal should governments invest in 100% renewable, green energy, with the only costs to consumers being the upkeep costs. Iceland already do this.

There are headlines from 40 years ago warning of doomsday scenarios which was meant to have happened now but haven't. The politicians and celebraties lecturing us are traveling around in private jets and building homes right on the beach but they're terrified of rising water levels.

True, were doing our bit here, bloody hell we're bombarded constantly about carbon footprints and green everything but it's not helping that other countries are carrying on regardless.

Energy bills will never be minimal not while there's profits to be made. Look at the present fuel crisis. The fuel companies are making obscene amounts of money but are still putting up prices to unaffordable levels for most people.

I agree though if we can do more to help the environment why not?

We pay £94 a month for gas and electric and are £350 in credit.

We only put the heating on couple weeks back and only for an hour in morning and then again when kids come in from school.

OVO, however, sent me an email yesterday saying it needs to go up to £125 a month based on estimate over the next 12 months and wouldn't want me to be £350 in arrears next November?

How so, when I probably won't be using much gas and electricity from about March onwards?

So they don't want us to be in arrears to them, but it's okay for the utility company to be in arrears to me, the last 12 months?

They have said they will be increasing the payment by direct debit if I don't amend it myself on the website, can they do that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.