Gas & Electricity

We pay £94 a month for gas and electric and are £350 in credit.

We only put the heating on couple weeks back and only for an hour in morning and then again when kids come in from school.

OVO, however, sent me an email yesterday saying it needs to go up to £125 a month based on estimate over the next 12 months and wouldn't want me to be £350 in arrears next November?

How so, when I probably won't be using much gas and electricity from about March onwards?

So they don't want us to be in arrears to them, but it's okay for the utility company to be in arrears to me, the last 12 months?

They have said they will be increasing the payment by direct debit if I don't amend it myself on the website, can they do that?
This is almost exactly my situation and what I am expecting. Ovo as well. Will be a big row that I wont win Im sure

This is almost exactly my situation and what I am expecting. Ovo as well. Will be a big row that I wont win Im sure

Wankers.

I've just been online to check my account and my usage/cost this month is £20 cheaper than what they are now insisting upon?

Apparently, using their graphs, my £350 credit will be £91 in debit by the end of January...

How the fuck is that even possible on top of the £94 a month we are already paying?

Even keeping it at £94 instead of increasing it to £125 is only a difference of £31.

Even my crap maths tells me a £31 difference between Dec and end of Jan should not leave me £250 behind, based on our minimal usage?

Especially so, when these twats are comparing it to last year, as most people are more conscious and won't be using half as much energy to save cash.

This is a cash grab, pure and simple. They are stockpiling our cash in a bid to insulate themselves and their profits.

Wankers.

I've just been online to check my account and my usage/cost this month is £20 cheaper than what they are now insisting upon?

Apparently, using their graphs, my £350 credit will be £91 in debit by the end of January...

How the fuck is that even possible on top of the £94 a month we are already paying?

Even keeping it at £94 instead of increasing it to £125 is only a difference of £31.

Even my crap maths tells me a £31 difference between Dec and end of Jan should not leave me £250 behind, based on our minimal usage?

Especially so, when these twats are comparing it to last year, as most people are more conscious and won't be using half as much energy to save cash.

This is a cash grab, pure and simple. They are stockpiling our cash in a bid to insulate themselves and their profits.
EDF tried to move us up from £234 per month to £280.

We are currently £500+ in credit but accept that over the winter months, this will be blown away and so I've upped it to £250, which seems about right. They've accepted this.

But it does seem that across the board, energy companies are trying to take a fair bit more than they need.

Years ago when I was a student we rented a small flat which was built into an old house. Our meter broke and British Gas (?) had no idea how much we had used. I spoke with a really nice lad who let us pay a really small amount, admitted it was their f up and said the next billing period would start afresh.

Fast forward to the next bill date and we get a huge bill comprising of the most recent period and the prior one which they had now estimated. I called them up to explain the conversation I had previously and the person was laughing at me as if I was an idiot saying ‘you don’t get your last one for free’. I laid out the conversation I had the last time but they had nothing on record.

A lesson learnt for myself in terms of getting things in writing I suppose.

These companies are taking the piss, they estimate your usage over a year and set the DD at that. There should be no change in it once you start using gas in winter, they’ve already averaged it out. Mine is set at what I think it is, now the central heating is on obviously we are using more gas but that’s the whole pint of the average over the year, you build up credit for winter. They must have millions of £s in the bank and think of the interest they are getting on that!

Got my estimate for when my fix expires end of dec , £93 a month so gone from £34 to £69 in the last couple of weeks and then to £93 , that is a lot of my esa benefit alone, still low user but then i should be by myself

We pay £94 a month for gas and electric and are £350 in credit.

We only put the heating on couple weeks back and only for an hour in morning and then again when kids come in from school.

OVO, however, sent me an email yesterday saying it needs to go up to £125 a month based on estimate over the next 12 months and wouldn't want me to be £350 in arrears next November?

How so, when I probably won't be using much gas and electricity from about March onwards?

So they don't want us to be in arrears to them, but it's okay for the utility company to be in arrears to me, the last 12 months?

They have said they will be increasing the payment by direct debit if I don't amend it myself on the website, can they do that?
That’s exactly how DDs work.
You give them that right when you set it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.