Gas & Electricity

12 hours a day at 19 degrees just put a jumper on haha. Heating has been on 2 hours were still at 14 degrees and the bathroom at 6.4. I work from home but use blankets I'd tell the mrs to fuck off if she tried putting the heating on for 12 hours and my rate is 0.298 atm.
Mate our house is open plan and even the penguins felt cold ha ha. If she wasn’t working from home it wouldn’t be on but putting it on for 1 hour in the morning and night was just over £3 so for an extra £3 fir another 10 hours isn’t bad. I look at it this way if I can go and spunk £30 for a few drinks in a pub then if I don’t that’s 10 days on the heating bill. I reckon gas/leccy will be around £350 this month I’m more than enough in credit to pay it until April and then we will see what happens. Next time you go to a match and people are downing pints a £5 a pop just think that could heat your home for a day, I know I won’t be out much over the coming months so the upside is I can hear the house, I feel sorry for those that genuinely can’t be there will be others getting pissed then bemoaning they can’t afford their bills, cut your cloth accordingly.

Just me at home in the Shire as the daughter is away at Uni.
I had to put it on yesterday for an hour though, her cat was threatening to leave!

12 hours a day at 19 degrees just put a jumper on haha. Heating has been on 2 hours were still at 14 degrees and the bathroom at 6.4. I work from home but use blankets I'd tell the mrs to fuck off if she tried putting the heating on for 12 hours and my rate is 0.298 atm.

Same here mate, with OVO too.

Was surprised to start receiving the £66 directly into my bank account, thought it would go on my energy account?

I'm £350 in credit and the sent me an email saying do this or we will do that to the monthly DD.

Thanks for the heads up re telling them to get stuffed on live chat.
OVO want to increase my mothers bill from £137 to £544 a month. Supposed to be on a fixed rate for 2 years. She is 86, partially sighted, only ever uses the fridge, cooker, micro wave. Has taken to switching her heating off and wrapping up in blankets. H Wave you ever tried talking to OVO, it's a joke. You can be in mid conversation with them and they will cut you off at 6pm as that's when they shut. I ws promised a call back from a manager at 10am on Tuesday & am still waiting. They fitted a smart meter despite being told her property was not compatible & guess what, it's still not working a week later. They were fined last January £8.9m for over charging customers & yet still carry on like this.
PS. She was in credit last month

Last edited:
Regrettably my one jumper hasn't been seen since 2018. I'm now using layers that I would usually wear whilst trekking in the Himalayas. It's manageable but dreading a bill for the alternative. The situation will change drastically next year and I feel almost every avenue is Desperate Street. I feel for the elderly with little and the retired with nothing.

I'm lucky, by the time I retire, climate change will have eradicated winter and we'll all be migrating to the Shetlands for cooler weather.
Sadly that is unlikely to be true.
The U.K. is likely to lose the Gulf Stream and end up with a climate like Iceland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.