Gas & Electricity

STILL not received my December fuel payment from British Gas.

Was told last week it would be on my meter by today or I will of received an email this morning with a voucher for the credit. I've received neither.

Currently 112 in a queue to speak to someone. Really pissed off about this
I had that issue last month a voucher was posted to me around 19th nov

Thermal mass? Cheeky bugger, I'm not that over weight.

No warning, it's a council house so I'm waiting for a call after my email last night. I was tempted to phone the emergency line but at 10pm I was 11th in-line so I thought bugger that and went to bed with an extra cover on it. I was soooo reluctant to get out this morning but my bladder disagreed.

What I did discover (and perhaps should have noticed) was that it's not been serviced since May 2021 :(
Haha no offence mate :-D

If it’s council then leave them to it, but always worth checking your condensate pipe when the weather is freezing, the condensate can freeze up, less so now with regs but can still happen, easy fix of just pouring some hot water over it, hope it’s something simple like that for you bud.

It’s mind blowing, the people in charge have fully shafted the country making half of it completely broke but no doubt most still salivate waiting for their next dose of reality from the psychopaths.

Don’t worry guys they’re not done yet, still quite a bit of wealth to transfer over to them.
What makes it all the more galling, the said same are swanning about nice and cosy at the tax payer's expense. Put the cnuts on rationing, what we have to use, you use.

Not sure about anyone else but had heating on from 3pm onwards yesterday and house didn't get above 16...

Think it would need to be on 24/7 to get anywhere near 20, I know it's cold out but seems a bit much.

Not sure about anyone else but had heating on from 3pm onwards yesterday and house didn't get above 16...

Think it would need to be on 24/7 to get anywhere near 20, I know it's cold out but seems a bit much.
There's something wrong without a doubt there. Were the radiators getting hot?

Haha no offence mate :-D

If it’s council then leave them to it, but always worth checking your condensate pipe when the weather is freezing, the condensate can freeze up, less so now with regs but can still happen, easy fix of just pouring some hot water over it, hope it’s something simple like that for you bud.
And just to rub salt into the wound, I fought through the jungle to the electric fire only to find that it's goosed as well (unless I'm missing something really obvious). Everything is turned on and the main trip fuse is OK and there's only 3 switches (and one of them is for the light) and a temp dial but no combination is working. We've never used it in the near 5 years we've been here since the initial turn on when the wife decided she didn't like it. At least I can call within hours now and maybe get some movement.

EDF don't seem to be sending gas readings through at the moment even though the smart meter status says OK.

Anyway, I've taken to nipping outside once a week to read the gas meter, just to see what we are using.

£88 in the last week. I assuming that this week is going to be the coldest we are likely to experience, so it's not too bad as we have a 30-year old boiler and it's on most of the time between 6AM and 8PM, keeping the thermostat at ~ 20.

And just to rub salt into the wound, I fought through the jungle to the electric fire only to find that it's goosed as well (unless I'm missing something really obvious). Everything is turned on and the main trip fuse is OK and there's only 3 switches (and one of them is for the light) and a temp dial but no combination is working. We've never used it in the near 5 years we've been here since the initial turn on when the wife decided she didn't like it. At least I can call within hours now and maybe get some movement.
Is it a housing association mate ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.