Gas & Electricity

True to form the guy turned up with no advance warning 30 minutes after plugging one in for the wife (the heater just to stop short any jokes).

Turns out it was the controller which would have been right at the bottom of my list for likely suspects given the noises coming out of the boiler. All good now, anyone need a couple of 2KW convection heaters? Hardly used. On second thoughts I'll keep them as backup.

Had a lovely walk with the dog while he was here though, it's turned quite balmy and we're north of Edinburgh.
Glad I didn’t offer to come and help now :-D.
You as far North as Aberlour and Elgin mate ?

From 1 January, Ofgem is changing the unit rates for energy. These vary depending on where you live, your meter type, and how you pay for your energy.

We're increasing our electricity day unit rate from 38.716p to 41.813p per kWh and our night unit rate from 23.150p to 25.003p per kWh. Our electricity standing charge is staying the same at 42.771p per day.

We're keeping our gas unit rate the same at 10.295p per kWh and our standing charge at 28.484p per day.
Your prices are in line with the Government Energy Price Guarantee, which ensures a typical UK household pays an average of £2,500 per year. This will save a typical UK household around £900 this winter.

These prices all include VAT at 5%.

Of course it does, if you use the same amount it will cost you more!
What he means is that the price is capped by the government until April.

Yes, the more you use the more you will pay, but everybody will pay the current unit rate until April and no amount of companies putting the price up in the background between now and April will make a difference.

When the caps come off in April, well, that's a different matter.

Fuck me we’ve hit £9 today!!! Wife is full of a cold if we turn it off she’s gonna be bad :( I’ve just got in car was reading -5 !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.