Gas & Electricity

Great video and I’d already done many of these things, unfortunately for us we have 8mm pipes to double radiators, also trvs on radiators where the thermostat is but I suppose nothing can be perfect. I’ve set ours to 60 degrees I did this a while ago but we have open plan downstairs so that’s a pain in the arse. I can’t get on the loft to do the insulation because if my back but come January that’s my first job, by next winter I’m determined to get this house ready for any shit they throw at us. We don’t have cavity insulation but I’ve heard bad things about it anyway.
Yep, pretty similar, also have open plan layout. Can't be short of 40 years ago now that I fitted 10 mm copper microbore through 9 port manifold, things have come a long way since then with poly push fit, no fiddly nuts. Eventually added TRVs. These all started attached to an old Vulcan Continental free standing boiler, gone through a couple of combi boilers since, looking at a new one now.
Loft insulated and floored years back, needed somewhere to stow the shit.
You're quite right about the cavity wall insulation, you should be wary of it. I'm not against it but it can have issue's. The house is built in soft brick which has a rather exposed west facing gable end, this get's saturated and has the tendency to jump the rock wool and wet the inner wall. I should have sealed the outer walls with Thomson's but have let thing's slip.

Spent over an hour and a half onto OVO on behalf of my 86 year old, blind mother. Apparently they estimate her annual bill as being £544 per month based on current useage. Also spent 2 weeks in hospital recently so used zero. She is supposed to be on a 2 year fixed contract as well which doesn't mean it's a fixed amount apparently. They also admitted they have yet to take a meter reading despite being with them since July. Begs the question how have they calculated her useage

Spent over an hour and a half onto OVO on behalf of my 86 year old, blind mother. Apparently they estimate her annual bill as being £544 per month based on current useage. Also spent 2 weeks in hospital recently so used zero. She is supposed to be on a 2 year fixed contract as well which doesn't mean it's a fixed amount apparently. They also admitted they have yet to take a meter reading despite being with them since July. Begs the question how have they calculated her useage
How long as she been on the 2 year deal? Has the amount they're requesting gone up in that time? Has her usage drastically changed?

Great video and I’d already done many of these things, unfortunately for us we have 8mm pipes to double radiators, also trvs on radiators where the thermostat is but I suppose nothing can be perfect. I’ve set ours to 60 degrees I did this a while ago but we have open plan downstairs so that’s a pain in the arse. I can’t get on the loft to do the insulation because if my back but come January that’s my first job, by next winter I’m determined to get this house ready for any shit they throw at us. We don’t have cavity insulation but I’ve heard bad things about it anyway.
Anyone would think you have retired mate ;)

Best thing we ever did was had cavity wall installed.
House is south facing at the back.
Don’t need heating on in those rooms when the sun shines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.