Gas & Electricity

How long as she been on the 2 year deal? Has the amount they're requesting gone up in that time? Has her usage drastically changed?
Started on it in July. Her usage has gone down recently. The contract actually states that the cost of her DD will be £157 for the duration of the contract. They are now asking for £544. They fitted a smart meter a month ago but told me yesterday it will be at least another 6 weeks before it kicks in. They are blaming previous supplier for giving them incorrect readings. I have told them that previous supplier never once asked for readings or came out to read them???

Started on it in July. Her usage has gone down recently. The contract actually states that the cost of her DD will be £157 for the duration of the contract. They are now asking for £544. They fitted a smart meter a month ago but told me yesterday it will be at least another 6 weeks before it kicks in. They are blaming previous supplier for giving them incorrect readings. I have told them that previous supplier never once asked for readings or came out to read them???
See how much she is in debt, it maybe easier to pay that off and the DD amount will reduce, I had that when moved over to EDF when our supplier went bust,they had been keeping from me I was in debt so it bumps up your DD as yo7 have to pay that back as well as your normal payments. I paid ours off they wanted £300 a month I was only £165 in debt, paid it off DD dropped to £150.

See how much she is in debt, it maybe easier to pay that off and the DD amount will reduce, I had that when moved over to EDF when our supplier went bust,they had been keeping from me I was in debt so it bumps up your DD as yo7 have to pay that back as well as your normal payments. I paid ours off they wanted £300 a month I was only £165 in debt, paid it off DD dropped to £150.
Sounds like good advice to me.

@richardtheref Did anyone take meter readings back in July (I'm guessing she moved suppliers at the time)? A photo would be ideal for proof.

As Dennis is fond of telling people, a 'fixed deal' means the unit price is fixed only which is true, but the actual usage has to stay roughly the same and obviously the figures they're working on have to be accurate.

For anyone else thinking of changing suppliers or moving house, always take readings and photos of both meters on the starting date and make the new supplier aware of them and that you have proof.

Edit: I presume you have since given readings?

Done my meter readings , elec is much the same but after a month of heating the gas has gone from four to ten , i could work it out but i dont want to be snxious today !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.