Gas & Electricity

What do you think, should I go on the fixed rate?

There is no tie in, and no early exit charge.

Comparison with my current rate.

PXL-20240805-153759453-MP.jpg

What do you think, should I go on the fixed rate?

There is no tie in, and no early exit charge.

Comparison with my current rate.

PXL-20240805-153759453-MP.jpg

Better off on the agile or tracker if you have a smart meter. I'm having mine installed on Friday and switching over, will put my washer and dryer on delays show they're on when the leccy is cheapest.

Better off on the agile or tracker if you have a smart meter. I'm having mine installed on Friday and switching over, will put my washer and dryer on delays show they're on when the leccy is cheapest.

I'm only thinking of going on it as Martin Lewis said energy prices will be going up later this year.

TBH I don't use much electricity being single atm.

Agile Octopus is one of our innovative beta smart tariffs, helping bring cheaper and greener power to all our customers, but is directly impacted by wholesale market volatility.

Agile prices can spike up to 100 p/kWh any time - although a typical household in Winter '22-'23 paid around 35 p/kWh average.

This tariff is best suited to customers who can shift large amounts of their energy use to avoid these expensive peaks, often by using smart home technologies like solar and batteries.

Tracker.

Yes, prices may come down, but as with every winter, prices always go up before coming down again in the spring.

Last edited:
Shouldnt be this complicated should it? Its like having a phone or broadband contract that are based around preference and usage. Utilities are a basic need. Should be simpler than this. Use, get billed, and no more. This privatisation and creation of endless providers that all use the same infrastructure to get it to you anyway, cant be right

Tracker price today with Octopus is ..
Electric 18.16p kwh and Gas 4.64p Kwh
Standing charge electric is 49.77p a day and gas is 27.47p a day

Tracker price today with Octopus is ..
Electric 18.16p kwh and Gas 4.64p Kwh
Standing charge electric is 49.77p a day and gas is 27.47p a day

Where’s that info?

That’s cheaper! :-)

Edit.

Found it.

I’m on 23.49p Elec, and 5.68p Gas.

I’m using less than 2kWh a day in Elec, and less than 0.25m2 a day on Gas on average.

Pretty pointless of me going over to Tracker. The savings are minuscule.

Last edited:
Where’s that info?

That’s cheaper! :-)

Edit.

Found it.

I’m using 2kWh a day in Elec, and less than 0.25 a day in Gas.

It displays every day on the online account. If it gets too hairy you can bail with no exit fees. Best Electric price we have had this last year was around 13p or 14p kwh
8PVvRUE.jpg

Reactions: jrb
I’m using less than 2kWh a day in Elec,
A saving on the Electric is a saving and £19:4545 reccuring over the year ain't all that bad if both prices remain static. Anyway we've got a better chance of survival if we work and stay together.

Last edited:
Submitted my monthly readings yesterday.

My statement today says I’m paying £21 per month more than my usage and that I’m £121 in credit. However!!! I’m not as much in credit as they’d like so they are increasing my DD by £10 per month.

How does that work?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.