Gas & Electricity

You with octopus energy? Download octopus compare app it shows you how much each tariff would have cost you. In 4 days of data so far I've saved £4 and that was with high use for washes etc.
I've now got the app but can't get it to work for me. I guess a call is required.

You manage to get the API key and your account number? Once you have that it should work
I’ve just had a look at mine and the tracker is slightly cheaper, but we don’t use much, especially over the summer.

For those struggling to see their comparison, the key seems to be usage between 4-8pm. If you use loads in those hours, then the agile tariff may work out more expensive.

I’ve just had a look at mine and the tracker is slightly cheaper, but we don’t use much, especially over the summer.

For those struggling to see their comparison, the key seems to be usage between 4-8pm. If you use loads in those hours, then the agile tariff may work out more expensive.

Yep it's an annoying time for usage with me having 4 kids but using the dishwasher, washing machine and working from home outside of peak it seems to be saving me a nice amount so far, hopefully even better in the winter.

Yep it's an annoying time for usage with me having 4 kids but using the dishwasher, washing machine and working from home outside of peak it seems to be saving me a nice amount so far, hopefully even better in the winter.
Think I’m going to sign up for it, on Thursday we got a free hour of leccy between 1-2pm they say it’s above what you normally use, no idea how they work that out though, anyway we out the dishwasher on that hour.
Just downloaded the comparison app we would’ve saved 29p yesterday, obviously I think it helps we can do stuff during the day, a saving of 10%, I’ll have a look over the weekend to see how it looks.

Last edited:
Think I’m going to sign up for it, on Thursday we got a free hour of leccy between 1-2pm they say it’s above what you normally use, no idea how they work that out though, anyway we out the dishwasher on that hour.
Just downloaded the comparison app we would’ve saved 29p yesterday, obviously I think it helps we can do stuff during the day, a saving of 10%, I’ll have a look over the weekend to see how it looks.
This is mine after 6 days of being on it, happy with that considering I use the oven at the peak rates. That's 6 of us with and I have a PC on for like 8 to 10 hours a day.

The big change was getting a heat pump dryer saving a fortune as we had a washer/dryer and it was expensive to run.
1000012741.png

Just a heads up, that if you're registered with Octopus for their Octopus rewards scheme such as Octopoints etc, then you can sign up for their brand new scheme which offers free electric between set times of the day when the grid is producing in excess of demand. Cool as this available regardless of your current tariff and lasts for at least an hour.

It won't run every day but will kick in when the grid has excess energy to shift. So great to channel all your washing drying and heavy demand jobs toward this hour and then get it all done for free. Handy for those that do not want to make the leap onto an agile or tracker. You get emailed when they are offering the deal for the next days session. No guarantees of how many sessions are going to be run as it's down to supply.

The energy that is free is the energy used in addition to what you normally had averaged in that assigned given hour.

For ourself, we are now considering moving over to Agile from Tracker as we can easily manipulate usage to fit in with the cheapest time tariffs as we've nothing better to do with our day than than read pie charts, graphs and operate an app.

The only constant in our cave is the fridge freezer, alarm and the computer/TV that are always during our wide awake hours. Be interesting to see if we can cut down on our tracker rates by at least 20% to 25%.

In a similar vein we are manipulating our online food shops, sometimes overspending to qualify for deals from Ocado Morrisons and Sainsbury etc.

I got an extra 10000 more points the other day (£10) for completing 3 shops of £25 or more within their time frame, and then another voucher for £10 of a £70 shop came in to the wife's Morrisons account which we also snapped up. On this deal we only placed items to basket with indefinite shelf life and goods that were already heavily discounted, such as Bolds 48 XL wash for £6.50 making the discount glide even further.

The pantry's on overfill but provisions are a commodity that we all must use so the savings are real. Ocado does not have many offers useful to us at the moment, but we're still on a free 3 month home delivery trial and need to continue to secure their M&S Hubbard Gold Chicken breast for our Big Kebab night in. I don't think we will ever go back to using Tesco Aldi Asda produced Broiler birds after the dreadful shite we had to hack/chop our way through a month ago.

Last edited:
This is mine after 6 days of being on it, happy with that considering I use the oven at the peak rates. That's 6 of us with and I have a PC on for like 8 to 10 hours a day.

The big change was getting a heat pump dryer saving a fortune as we had a washer/dryer and it was expensive to run.
View attachment 128433
Hardly ever use the dryer mate bought a £160 dehumidifier everything dry in 4/5 hours at a fraction of the cost.IMG_9065.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.