Gas & Electricity

Just a heads up, that if you're registered with Octopus for their Octopus rewards scheme such as Octopoints etc, then you can sign up for their brand new scheme which offers free electric between set times of the day when the grid is producing in excess of demand. Cool as this available regardless of your current tariff and lasts for at least an hour.

It won't run every day but will kick in when the grid has excess energy to shift. So great to channel all your washing drying and heavy demand jobs toward this hour and then get it all done for free. Handy for those that do not want to make the leap onto an agile or tracker. You get emailed when they are offering the deal for the next days session. No guarantees of how many sessions are going to be run as it's down to supply.

The energy that is free is the energy used in addition to what you normally had averaged in that assigned given hour.

For ourself, we are now considering moving over to Agile from Tracker as we can easily manipulate usage to fit in with the cheapest time tariffs as we've nothing better to do with our day than than read pie charts, graphs and operate an app.

The only constant in our cave is the fridge freezer, alarm system and also the computer and TV that run always on during our wide awake hours. Be interesting to see if we can cut down on our tracker rate by at least 20% to 25%.

In a similar vein we are manipulating our online food shops, sometimes overspending to qualify for deals from Ocado Morrisons and Sainsbury etc.

I got an extra 10000 more points the other day (£10) for completing 3 shops of £25 or more within their time frame and then another voucher for £10 of a £70 shop came in to the wife's Morrisons account which we also snapped up. On this deal we only placed items to basket with indefinite shelf life, and goods that were already heavily discounted such as Bolds 48 wash for £6.50 making their discount glide even further.

The pantry's on overfill but provisions are a commodity that we all must use so the savings are real. Ocado does not have many offers useful to us at the moment, but we are still on a free 3 month home delivery trial and need to continue on to secure their M&S Hubbard Gold Chicken breast for our Big Kebab nights in. I don't think we will ever go back to using Tesco Aldi Asda produced Broiler birds again after the dreadful shite we had to hack/chop our way through a month ago.
Got my”free” hour yeasterday but I’m like you always got someone home anyway

Just a heads up, that if you're registered with Octopus for their Octopus rewards scheme such as Octopoints etc, then you can sign up for their brand new scheme which offers free electric between set times of the day when the grid is producing in excess of demand. Cool as this available regardless of your current tariff and lasts for at least an hour.

It won't run every day but will kick in when the grid has excess energy to shift. So great to channel all your washing drying and heavy demand jobs toward this hour and then get it all done for free. Handy for those that do not want to make the leap onto an agile or tracker. You get emailed when they are offering the deal for the next days session. No guarantees of how many sessions are going to be run as it's down to supply.

The energy that is free is the energy used in addition to what you normally had averaged in that assigned given hour.

For ourself, we are now considering moving over to Agile from Tracker as we can easily manipulate usage to fit in with the cheapest time tariffs as we've nothing better to do with our day than than read pie charts, graphs and operate an app.

The only constant in our cave is the fridge freezer, alarm system and also the computer and TV that run always on during our wide awake hours. Be interesting to see if we can cut down on our tracker rate by at least 20% to 25%.

In a similar vein we are manipulating our online food shops, sometimes overspending to qualify for deals from Ocado Morrisons and Sainsbury etc.

I got an extra 10000 more points the other day (£10) for completing 3 shops of £25 or more within their time frame and then another voucher for £10 of a £70 shop came in to the wife's Morrisons account which we also snapped up. On this deal we only placed items to basket with indefinite shelf life, and goods that were already heavily discounted such as Bolds 48 wash for £6.50 making their discount glide even further.

The pantry's on overfill but provisions are a commodity that we all must use so the savings are real. Ocado does not have many offers useful to us at the moment, but we are still on a free 3 month home delivery trial and need to continue on to secure their M&S Hubbard Gold Chicken breast for our Big Kebab nights in. I don't think we will ever go back to using Tesco Aldi Asda produced Broiler birds again after the dreadful shite we had to hack/chop our way through a month ago.

I've started using Jamdonut and cheddar to purchase food shopping with giftcards been brilliant so far. Have referral codes for a bonus if you don't already use them.

Cheers that would be good.
I know its slightly erring off topic but the big supermarkets constantly give out deals to make you sit up and take notice, hoping you'll stay with them for the rest of the shop so they can claw back profit.

Mixing it up by using the brilliant Trolly website https://www.trolley.co.uk/ keeps the shop as cut price as can be. Many stores only require smaller shops to qualify for home delivery such as Sainsbury @£40 and Morrisons @£25.

We still visit certain shops such as Iceland on Tuesdays for our FOC 10% discount etc.

I know its slightly erring off topic but the big supermarkets constantly give out deals to make you sit up and take notice, hoping you'll stay with them for the rest of the shop so they can claw back profit.

Mixing it up by using the brilliant Trolly website https://www.trolley.co.uk/ keeps the shop as cut price as can be. Many stores only require smaller shops to qualify for home delivery such as Sainsbury @£40 and Morrisons @£25.

We still visit certain shops such as Iceland on Tuesdays for our FOC 10% discount etc.

Think you need to message me Bob won't let me, but yeah trolley is good so is shopminium.

Just signed up to Agile from Tracker online. Hopefully they will allow us to migrate over with little fuss.

Tracker rate today is Electricity 18.83kwh and Gas 4.43kwh

My energy usage reading for a year.

August to August.

IMG_2546.jpeg

Don’t ask me what happened in December. I may have put the central heating on?

IMG_2547.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.