Gas & Electricity

I am having a mare with mine at the moment not showing the half hourly usage for agile. If I cannot see my usage at key moments how do I know its charging me correctly for the plunge and low cost segmants.

However having said that, and with Octopus being Octopus they were on it in a crack and refunded me a week of energy as they could not identify all my lost half hour data.

They did manage to obtain some lost data but not all. The agent Connor is working on the issue and keeps us in close contact, and has said if they cannot get the meter to read the half hourly data they will swop out the smet2. If that does not work they will put me back on Tracker. I hope they can get me back up and running on the Agile, as being retired oddities we can shift our energy at will.

If anyone on here is on Agile let me know if you can all see your half hourly data usage under the My Energy section. Our gas is reading just fine but the electric is only showing blocks of day time usage which for this particular plan is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Last edited:
I am having a mare with mine at the moment not showing the half hourly usage for agile. If I cannot see my usage at key moments how do I know its charging me correctly for the plunge and low cost segmants.

However having said that, and with Octopus being Octopus they were on it in a crack and refunded me a week of energy as they could not identify all my lost half hour data.

They did manage to obtain some lost data but not all. The agent Connor is working on the issue and keeps in close contact and has said if they cannot get the meter to read the half hourly data they will swop out the smet2. If that does not work they will put me back on tracker. I hope they can get me back up and running on the Agile, as being home dwelling retired oddities we can shift energy at will.

If anyone on here is on Agile let me know if you can all see your half hourly data usage under the My Energy section. Our gas is reading just fine but the electric is only showing blocks of day time usage which for this particular plan is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

There was a fault late August with Octopuses API that wasn't showing readings, it is fixed for me now though. I've got their home mini on the way added my name to their waiting list the other week. That shows you live usage looks really good.

Been a like 4 expensive days in a row, tomorrows looks much better hopefully a sign of things to come.

They did manage to obtain some lost data but not all. The agent Connor is working on the issue and keeps us in close contact, and has said if they cannot get the meter to read the half hourly data they will swop out the smet2. If that does not work they will put me back on Tracker. I hope they can get me back up and running on the Agile, as being home dwelling retired oddities we can shift energy at will.

On my app I can see my readings mate for the previous day is that what you mean?
Is your gas still on flexible? My agile only tracks electricity is that right? Nevermind I googled it!

Last edited:
On my app I can see my readings mate for the previous day is that what you mean?
Is your gas still on flexible? My agile only tracks electricity is that right? Nevermind I googled it!
Yes, but the readings I get are only in block form for the whole day and are not displaying my half hourly consumption. As you rightly say the Agile only tracks the electricity, our gas stays at the tracker rate.

Bloody hell the jumps in agile can be quite startling I don’t know if I can carry on with it without becoming obsessed, I’ll give it a month to see what the savings are like but at the moment it’s nowhere near the figures that we’re going on in the summer, I supposed that’s to be expected but today at 4pm it jumps from around 19p to max 38p over the next 4 hours!

Bloody hell the jumps in agile can be quite startling I don’t know if I can carry on with it without becoming obsessed, I’ll give it a month to see what the savings are like but at the moment it’s nowhere near the figures that we’re going on in the summer, I supposed that’s to be expected but today at 4pm it jumps from around 19p to max 38p over the next 4 hours!

Spent £55.42 on electric in my first month and that includes the standing charge. Was £100 plus the last few months before agile. Hope we have a windy autumn!

I had to turn my heating on for an hour or two the other day. The good news was it took me a few minutes to remember how to do it.

As the days get darker, Agile will be less cost effective. Lights on more, the combi boiler(electricity) on more, etc. Agile is great from Spring through to Summer, and early Autumn, with lighter and warmer days. I’m going to switch over to Agile next Spring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.