Gas & Electricity

No, they give you much more information than that.

Get one for Electric and gas!

You won’t regret it. And they are free.

IMG_2551.jpeg

I’m currently payment £50 a month via DD.

With one month of Summer to go, and with Autumn on the horizon :-( I’ve decided to up my DD payments to £75 a month. When it’s gets to December I will up my DD payments to £100 a moth to cover the Winter months. The tracker below gives me a good idea of what I need to pay in or if I’m over paying I can take money out at a click of a button.(it get’s checked first by Octopus) My current balance is £103. The next DD payment of £75 will be at the end of the month.

£50 a month.

IMG_2552.jpeg

£75 a month.

IMG_2553.jpeg

PS. Spin the wheel is shit. I keep on getting 8 points. I did get 800 points once.

Last edited:
Cornwall Insight also said it expected costs to rise again during the winter, when the January price cap is announced.

It said a "modest" rise was anticipated. However, recent tensions in the Russia-Ukraine war could see prices rise further, it added.

Last edited:
Our Tracker electricity and gas tariffs track the UK daily half-hour wholesale market. We publish tomorrow’s rates between 12.00pm and 5.00pm for electricity and between 6.00pm and 10.00pm for gas each day. Make sure you select your region from the drop down at the top-right to see your local version.

I’ve just gone on to the Octopus fixed tariff which will see me through the Autumn and Winter fuel price rises. I’m only paying a few pence more on electricity. Virtually nothing extra on gas.

Come next year I might go on the Tracker tariff as Electricity and Gas prices should go down again through the Spring and Summer months.

IMG_2578.jpeg

I’ve just gone on to the Octopus fixed tariff which will see me through the Autumn and Winter fuel price rises. I’m only paying a few pence more on electricity. Virtually nothing extra on gas.

Come next year I might go on the Tracker tariff as Electricity and Gas prices should go down again through the Spring and Summer months.

View attachment 128732
Ive just fixed to the same although my annual cost is quite a bit more than yours

I’m still waiting for my agile to kick in, I think it takes a few weeks for it to become live. I saved 24p last week with one hour of free leccy last week did some washing, hopefully another 24p with this weeks feee hour. Wife just laughed but then I pointed out that was a 15% saving for the day, she just doesn’t know what we use. Looking at the agile I’d have said nearly 40% last week! I don’t know now though whether to fix or have a go with the agile, we are in the ideal situation as we at home all day anyway.

I see also they are now looking at standing charges and reducing them down obviously that will have to be put on unit prices, so the more you use the more you pay which seems a lot better, it’s nearly a £1 a day even if you use sod all.

Cornwall Insight also said it expected costs to rise again during the winter, when the January price cap is announced.

It said a "modest" rise was anticipated. However, recent tensions in the Russia-Ukraine war could see prices rise further, it added.

Another rise for the January price cap is very likely because of how steadily wholesale prices have risen over the past three months.

It’s the profile of this increase that’s the important issue, because wholesale prices at the end of the three month observation period used for the October price cap announced today were above the three month average figure which goes into the price calculation. This end level then naturally provides the start level for the next price cap period (January). So even if wholesale prices remained unchanged for the next six months, you would still very likely get an increase in the January cap price followed by a decline in March.

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.