Gas & Electricity

Is everyone happy with the intervention of the Government or do you think they should have done more.
Should've done more and frozen it at the £1971 price cap and subjected the energy companies to a windfall tax so as to ensure it's not just us picking up the tab for years to come. Also, the help for businesses seems a little sketchy and appears to only be guaranteed for 6 months but maybe that's because that one is a little more complicated to sort out so hopefully there will be adequate help forthcoming in due course that goes over and above what has already been announced.

So not perfect by any means but much better than doing nothing though

anyone know when the first payment of the £400 is credited to energy accounts?, begining or end of October?

over the last 3 months my gas/electric have come in at £90 per month for both 'give or take a couple of quid' so providing i dont put any central heating on during October the rise will see that £90 up to £112, less the £66 Government payment will see the October bill at £46. 'yes £11.50 per week'

i'm going to see if i can get through all winter without the central heating on, we have the log burner and a ton of ready logs to burn, the challenge will be in January but im sure it can be done

Last edited:
The government have effectively approved a doubling of bills compared to this time last year. Europe just announced a windfall tax on producers but political dogma prevents that here.

The government have effectively approved a doubling of bills compared to this time last year. Europe just announced a windfall tax on producers but political dogma prevents that here.
Someone has to pay and all we know is it wont be the companies that are making the profit on it all....

anyone know when the first payment of the £400 is credited to energy accounts?, begining or end of October?

over the last 3 months my gas/electric have come in at £90 per month for both 'give or take a couple of quid' so providing i dont put any central heating on during October the rise will see that £90 up to £112, less the £66 Government payment will see the October bill at £46. 'yes £11.50 per week'

i'm going to see if i can get through all winter without the central heating on, we have the log burner and a ton of ready logs to burn, the challenge will be in January but im sure it can be done
British Gas contacted me a couple of weeks ago saying I would receive payments from October once direct debit has been taken

Six instalments 1st is £67

Contacted my supplier today as on there app they are stating I need to increase direct debit to £585!!!

I am currently paying £350 a month as on new fixed rate

Phoned them and they say it’s a mistake on there part and would register a complaint as I am in credit by £500

TBF to the operator she told me they review in January and when they set my direct debit higher to cancel it and then it will recalculate to appropriate level which I never knew

They also state they will contact me regarding my tariff in October due to new price cap

The EU announcing a series of measures on the Energy crisis which includes levying windfall taxes to pay for the increased costs to consumers.

Given a lot of our providers are EU owned, will that levy extend to profits on energy sales in the UK? Also given how energy markets are interlinked - we sell excess energy to EU and they in turn sell excess energy to UK - how will that work in practice?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.