Gazza

carlos92 said:
He is absolutely knackered. His recent bout of Pnuemonia hasn't helped along with his mental problems as well. Everybody tried to help him but it obviously hasn't helped him. World class player on his day.

Maybe didn't help him for a long time, but pretty sure he's been dry for quite a while now. His body wont ever recover from the abuse it took and his face and voice will always look / sound 40 years older than they are, but he has still made huge steps in beating his personal demons.
Watched him at Rangers for a few years and he was just special, also went down for the Euro 96 match when he scored "that goal". Broke my heart at the time but I look back on it now and just enjoy it for what it was, genius.

kenster197 said:
carlos92 said:
He is absolutely knackered. His recent bout of Pnuemonia hasn't helped along with his mental problems as well. Everybody tried to help him but it obviously done him no good. World class player on his day.

Maybe didn't help him for a long time, but pretty sure he's been dry for quite a while now. His body wont ever recover from the abuse it took and his face and voice will always look / sound 40 years older than they are, but he has still made huge steps in beating his personal demons.
Watched him at Rangers for a few years and he was just special, also went down for the Euro 96 match when he scored "that goal". Broke my heart at the time but I look back on it now and just enjoy it for what it was, genius.

A bit like George Best (wrong club though).

To qoute my granddad " The worst thing in life is wasted talent "

Men of a certain age are shocked but not surprised at Gazza's state, Had the world at his feet but was surrounded by dickheads, As a true football fan and passionate English men, I wish Gazza had signed for Man Utd and become the greatest player England every had.

Colin_Bell said:

Men of a certain age are shocked but not surprised at Gazza's state, Had the world at his feet but was surrounded by dickheads, As a true football fan and passionate English men, I wish Gazza had signed for Man Utd and become the greatest player England every had.

It would of been a challenge but Slur Alex would of sorted him out.

carlos92 said:
Colin_Bell said:

Despite my dislike of the man, I agree entirely. Had Ferguson managed him, he would have been a world superstar player, but more importantly, he would have his life right now in a far better state.

carlos92 said:
Colin_Bell said:

Bollocks.

He hardly stopped Robson from becoming a piss addled flasher. He didn't seem to exert any of his legendary fatherly influence over Giggs while he was shagging his brothers wife.

He's not managed to stop Rooney from being an odious little **** who brings the game into disrepute on an hourly basis (including slating off his own club and team mates) and would be banned indefinitely were it not for the FA living inside his fat scouse arse. He also failed spectacularly at turning Keane into a human rather than a career ending, alleged woman beating, child beating, psychopath who respected no one, Ferguson included.

And then there was the time one of his players decided to kung fu kick a fan.

Or his corrupt football agent son who kung fu kicks his wife around allegedly.

Wasn't Ravel Morrison meant to be the new Messi? Surely the old **** could have put his arm round the lad and instantly ended his desire to be an arsehole? Instead he flirted him off to West Ham.

This is just another myth like 'utd always finish the season stronger'. There's simply no truth to Ferguson being some kind of foster carer for disenfranchised and troubled young players who he then moulds into world beaters.

I'm glad Gazza didn't go to the rags and become a legend, in fact the thought of it makes me feel distinctly uneasy.

Gazza had a lot of serious problems, it's unlikely that several experts within their respective fields could have exorcised all the guys demons. To suggest a belligerent, obnoxious, bully like Ferguson could have helped is naive at best.

TheMightyQuinn said:
carlos92 said:
Colin_Bell said:

Bollocks.

He hardly stopped Robson from becoming a piss addled flasher. He didn't seem to exert any of his legendary fatherly influence over Giggs while he was shagging his brothers wife.

He's not managed to stop Rooney from being an odious little **** who brings the game into disrepute on an hourly basis (including slating off his own club and team mates) and would be banned indefinitely were it not for the FA living inside his fat scouse arse. He also failed spectacularly at turning Keane into a human rather than a career ending, alleged woman beating, child beating, psychopath who respected no one, Ferguson included.

Wasn't Ravel Morrison meant to be the new Messi? Surely the old **** could have put his arm round the lad and instantly ended his desire to be an arsehole? Instead he flirted him off to West Ham.

This is just another myth like 'utd always finish the season stronger'. There's simply no truth to Ferguson being some kind of foster carer for disenfranchised and troubled young players who he then moulds into world beaters.

I'm glad Gazza didn't go to the rags and become a legend, in fact the thought of it makes me feel distinctly uneasy.

Gazza had a lot of serious problems, it's unlikely that several experts within their respective fields could have exorcised all the guys demons. To suggest a belligerent, obnoxious, bully like Ferguson could have helped is naive at best.

You are entitled to your opinion. Maybe you are right that he cannot sort their private lives, but you cannot argue against his man-mangement skills (they ran us a closer than they should of).

carlos92 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
carlos92 said:

Bollocks.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I'm just saying that there's a lengthy list of rag players who have fallen foul of the law, the FA etc under his reign.

There's also no evidence of him turning troubled young stars into world beaters.

Whenever a player does anything wrong, the media and public claim that 'Fergie wouldn't stand for that' but that's just not true nor does the evidence suggest that it has ever been true.

Missed drug tests.
Attacking fans.
Points deducted for on pitch brawls.
Players refusing to play.
Players openly questioning the clubs transfers and suggesting the club was failing.
Players purposely ending other players careers.
Constant stream of snide comments from Twitter by 'professional players'.
Players cheating on their wives.
Alleged rape at Xmas parties.
Alleged rape elsewhere.
Players arrested for beating girls.
Players arrested in a car full of guns and drugs.
Players shagging prostitutes.

Some of the above are problems a lot of clubs have suffered but there's a fair few (attacking fans, points deducted etc) that are almost exclusive to the rags under Ferguson. He's clearly not much of a disciplinarian or a very shit one and no matter how many times Beckham tells us about the time he kicked a boot at his stupid face, it still doesn't change a thing.

If a player can produce the goods on the pitch then Ferguson doesn't give a fuck what they do in their private lives, I'd assume most coaches are the same although given Ferguson's past I'd say Sir Alex is either very lenient indeed or a very poor and not respected disciplinarian.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:06 am --<br /><br />
carlos92 said:
You are entitled to your opinion. Maybe you are right that he cannot sort their private lives, but you cannot argue against his man-mangement skills (they ran us a closer than they should of).

He's good at getting the best out of pretty average players at times but Gazza was special.

I'm not having a go at you, I just hate ferguson a lot :)

TheMightyQuinn said:
carlos92 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Bollocks.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I'm just saying that there's a lengthy list of rag players who have fallen foul of the law, the FA etc under his reign.

There's also no evidence of him turning troubled young stars into world beaters.

Whenever a player does anything wrong, the media and public claim that 'Fergie wouldn't stand for that' but that's just not true nor does the evidence suggest that it has ever been true.

Missed drug tests.
Attacking fans.
Points deducted for on pitch brawls.
Players refusing to play.
Players openly questioning the clubs transfers and suggesting the club was failing.
Players purposely ending other players careers.
Constant stream of snide comments from Twitter by 'professional players'.
Players cheating on their wives.
Alleged rape at Xmas parties.
Alleged rape elsewhere.
Players arrested for beating girls.
Players arrested in a car full of guns and drugs.
Players shagging prostitutes.

Some of the above are problems a lot of clubs have suffered but there's a fair few (attacking fans, points deducted etc) that are almost exclusive to the rags under Ferguson. He's clearly not much of a disciplinarian or a very shit one and no matter how many times Beckham tells us about the time he kicked a boot at his stupid face, it still doesn't change a thing.

If a player can produce the goods on the pitch then Ferguson doesn't give a fuck what they do in their private lives, I'd assume most coaches are the same although given Ferguson's past I'd say Sir Alex is either very lenient indeed or a very poor and not respected disciplinarian.

-- Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:06 am --

carlos92 said:

He's good at getting the best out of pretty average players at times but Gazza was special.

I'm not having a go at you, I just hate ferguson a lot :)

No worries :).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.