GB News

There’s a big difference between being a British National and having a native lineage to England, Scotland, Wales and NI.

I was careful in saying that this isn’t a difference in how we treat people already in this country, a British Citizen is a British Citizen and should be treated the same as everyone else.

But then the question is raised that is Amir Khan, the boxer, as an example, as English as I am or as native as I am?

I would say obviously not.
How have you done an in depth ancestry dna report into amir Khan to check his lineage?

No of course not.

The way to tackle it is to limit immigration, have an actual policy of integration and encourage immigrants to move to other areas of the UK that A) need them more and B) have low immigration levels currently.

We are not talking about immigration, we are talking about people who can consider themselves as ‘native’ which requires centuries of lineage (apparently), and you stated that you would want all areas of the country to be native population.

Do I qualify? Depends on the cut off date, if it's the French Normans I'm fucked.

There’s a big difference between being a British National and having a native lineage to England, Scotland, Wales and NI.

I was careful in saying that this isn’t a difference in how we treat people already in this country, a British Citizen is a British Citizen and should be treated the same as everyone else.

But then the question is raised that is Amir Khan, the boxer, as an example, as English as I am or as native as I am?

I would say obviously not.

Well, I ain't telling Bolton born Amir Khan that he isn't a native of England. Good luck.

and you stated that you would want all areas of the country to be native population.
I said it is reasonable to want natives to be the majority.

And this is best achieved by limiting the numbers coming in and specifically encouraging those that are to find homes in certain parts of the country.

So, unless you have ancestry stretching back centuries you are not native?

This is an arbitrary measure, it precludes people who are born in this country to foreign born parents or parent (from the article) from having an affinity to this country, or considering themselves as English or Scottish or Welsh.

Would your niece consider herself any less English or British if she couldn't trace an ancestor back to the Normans- who were French of Scandavian descent?

It puts up a barrier to assimilation, it states that unless you can trace your lineage back to the Normans or some other arbitrary date you cannot class yourself as native or ‘properly English or British’. I'm not even sure I would pass as ‘native’. How many centuries do I need?

The England team is going to need a major rethink.
If I moved to Cambodia (just a random country I thought of), and had kids born there. I wouldn’t class my kids as Cambodian natives. Citizens, yes. But not natives.

If I moved to Cambodia (just a random country I thought of), and had kids born there. I wouldn’t class my kids as Cambodian natives. Citizens, yes. But not natives.
Exactly.

You wouldn’t call Donald Trump (random person off the top of my head) a Native American.

Doesn’t mean he can’t be a legitimate American Citizen.

Exactly.

You wouldn’t call Donald Trump (random person off the top of my head) a Native American.

Doesn’t mean he can’t be a legitimate American Citizen.
I wouldn’t have a problem with the native Cambodians not considering me or my kids native Cambodians neither.

Indeed. No white American is a native American. No white South African is a native South African. No white Australian is a native Australian.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if you’d married a ‘native Cambodian’ who’d then given birth to your kids? I only ask because the Spectator article seems to be suggesting it’s ‘foreign born women’ having these children so, presumably, to not ‘foreign born men’ or they wouldn’t have made the distinction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.