GB News

R2 breakfast show has lost a million listeners since Evans left.

She’s probably on less than Evans was and still has over 8 million listening.

I’m not a fan of Zoe Ball and I’m not defending her but if I had 8 million listeners every morning I’d want a big wack for it. She also works anti-social hours and I think workers should be paid extra working outside core hours(9-5)

She’s probably on less than Evans was and still has over 8 million listening.

I’m not a fan of Zoe Ball and I’m not defending her but if I had 8 million listeners every morning I’d want a big wack for it. She also works anti-social hours and I think workers should be paid extra working outside core hours(9-5)
I don't disagree with that but the 8 million+ were there when she took over and has lost over 10% of them. I expect that it will settle back at another million less 'cos it certainly ain't the channel it used to be. It seems the BBC want a different 'younger' audience. As for the anti-social hours - she is probably chauffered in at whatever time she clocks on, no queuing for a bus or a tube, and a safe return home when the job's finished, I suppose. And a three hour stint + a wee bit extra aforehand and elsewhere for the BBC doesn't add up to the kind of money the BBC splash out. The folk who are struggling to find the nigh on £200 for the licence must be her biggest fans.

I don't disagree with that but the 8 million+ were there when she took over and has lost over 10% of them. I expect that it will settle back at another million less 'cos it certainly ain't the channel it used to be. It seems the BBC want a different 'younger' audience. As for the anti-social hours - she is probably chauffered in at whatever time she clocks on, no queuing for a bus or a tube, and a safe return home when the job's finished, I suppose. And a three hour stint + a wee bit extra aforehand and elsewhere for the BBC doesn't add up to the kind of money the BBC splash out. The folk who are struggling to find the nigh on £200 for the licence must be her biggest fans.

The anti-social hours was a little tongue in cheek.

Regards the license fee, is it means tested? I.e do the unemployed have to pay for it? Whilst I agree with the license fee and I’m happy to pay it, no one should go skint because of the telly

Why are the BBC chasing ratings?

The program is tax payer funded so if it gets 1 listener or 1 million it matters not a fucking jot.

If it wants to operate in a commercial way it can do it in a commercial way.

Why are the BBC chasing ratings?

The program is tax payer funded so if it gets 1 listener or 1 million it matters not a fucking jot.

If it wants to operate in a commercial way it can do it in a commercial way.

Chasing rating might be a bit strong but it has to make programmes people want to watch or people will be shouting and screaming that they are making niche nonsense - it’s a balancing act and one I think they get right. Their dramas are typically very good, nature programmes, entertainment shows like Strictly are well liked and their radio shows are clearly popular from Zoe Ball to the Archers. Then you’ve got all the kids stuff like Mr Tumble

Worth every penny in my view

The anti-social hours was a little tongue in cheek.

Regards the license fee, is it means tested? I.e do the unemployed have to pay for it? Whilst I agree with the license fee and I’m happy to pay it, no one should go skint because of the telly
I should imagine that if she has an agent, said person would no doubt have drawn the BBC's attention to the 'early' start and the Corp would have been happy to double the pay packet! They will no doubt have their own remuneration strategy and be happy to fully explain how they arrive at the sums they do, but it still leaves an enormous number of licence payers simply asking 'HOW MUCH?'

I predicted this would happen. My next prediction is that this will become the most watched news channel in the country.

I should imagine that if she has an agent, said person would no doubt have drawn the BBC's attention to the 'early' start and the Corp would have been happy to double the pay packet! They will no doubt have their own remuneration strategy and be happy to fully explain how they arrive at the sums they do, but it still leaves an enormous number of licence payers simply asking 'HOW MUCH?'

The only comparison I can think of is Nick Ferrari who is likely to earn over £2.5k a show(that’s rumoured to be O’Brians day rate). So probably 600k+ a year and he doesn’t get anywhere near 8 million listeners

People in showbiz earn a lot of money. Is Zoe Ball with a million a year? The market suggests she is

Probably, people like being scared or told they are the *real* victims
You reap what you sow mate, all people on the right really wanted was a fair and balanced approach to reporting the news. This is the next best option and was bound to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.