General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I’ve had loads of messages from various mates with widely differing views on the outcome of tonight. And their relative politics shone through in terms of their assessment of the performances. People see what they want to see.

And I’m no different.
Would agree with you in principle - it is very subjective - but even at 51 / 49 the poll on the debate is wildly different from the polls of voting intentions.

Our economy does have the feel of a Ponzi scheme.
I thought there was a tangible feeling of things improving and then covid happened. Since then, prices have soared for everything and its gone unchecked. It is profiteering plain and simple and most of it from energy bills which is a total tear off. Everybody I know was owed hundreds of pounds back in overpayments, everyone. This shows how it was all allowed to spiral out of control unchecked. It should have been more robustly managed. They failed and someone else should have a go

There’s no way I’m voting Tory but I do find Starmer a frustrating watch.

Just way too much trying not to lose, rather than trying to win hearts and minds. I know that is probably all he needs to do, and it’s rational and sensible and yada yada… it’s just insipid and uninspiring watching him walk on eggshells. Just tell ‘em to get fucked, Keir. I guess this is why I’m not a politician.

Sunak, on the other hand, is a little sneering weasel-man and every word out of his mouth makes me want to kick puppies.

In terms of the “debating performance” agnostic of policy, I think it was pretty even but only because little weasel man wasn’t told to shut the fuck up more often so he just rode roughshod over the moderator. Then Starmer tried to do the same and she starts reminding him of the rules! YCMIU. Also 45 seconds is such a shit format, what were they thinking?

Not a good look for Sunak to keep repeating this £2000 Labour tax rise based on supposed plans when Sunak also said they didn’t have any. Also talking over both Etchingham and Starmer didn’t do him any favours.

Not a good look for Starmer to go on about his toolmaker dad - twice. Also this format didn’t seem to suit him when Sunak was allowed to get away with interrupting him all the time.

The whole thing just wound me up tbh.

Feels like there needs to be a more radical approach to dramatically improve the fortunes of the county and neither of the two main parties are currently inspiring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.