General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 182 58.7%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Reform

Votes: 42 13.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 33 10.6%

• Total voters
Heard a Tory trying to defend Sunak’s lying, saying that the principle was right so it was OK. When challenged about the £3k under Tory policies, it turns out it is Labours fault.

Still shaking my head.

Worse approval ratings than Johnson at his nadir.

£2k tax lie blown up in their faces. Fuckup after completely avoidable fuckup, every day a compounding disaster and there's still almost a month to go. Just how bad can it get?

It's highly unlikely but there's a non-zero % chance they shitcan Sunak before the election. They'd be naive to not be doing the calculations and internal polling already on what the least bad outcome would be.

Worse approval ratings than Johnson at his nadir.

£2k tax lie blown up in their faces. Fuckup after completely avoidable fuckup, every day a compounding disaster and there's still almost a month to go. Just how bad can it get?

It's highly unlikely but there's a non-zero % chance they shitcan Sunak before the election. They'd be naive to not be doing the calculations and internal polling already on what the least bad outcome would be.

It's really not tenable to go into an election without a leader - there are no MPs so they can't have a vote by them, and there isn't time to organise the member vote either.

I would think that unless something changes hugely, binning Sunak would hand a huge boost to Reform. It's not going to happen though.

I do wonder how long Sunak will hang around after the election. It's unlikely that he'll lose his seat.

It's really not tenable to go into an election without a leader - there are no MPs so they can't have a vote by them, and there isn't time to organise the member vote either.

I would think that unless something changes hugely, binning Sunak would hand a huge boost to Reform. It's not going to happen though.

I do wonder how long Sunak will hang around after the election. It's unlikely that he'll lose his seat.
There's no chance of him doing a Theresa May and staying on a backbench MP. He doesn't have the sense of civic duty to do that. She was crap but I do think she went into politics for the right reasons, unlike this fraudster.

There's no chance of him doing a Theresa May and staying on a backbench MP. He doesn't have the sense of civic duty to do that. She was crap but I do think she went into politics for the right reasons, unlike this fraudster.

That's the problem he'll have. How long does he have to stay before quitting to look decent.

I'm pretty sure that May has been appalled by the behaviour of her party leadership since Johnson forced her out.

That's the problem he'll have. How long does he have to stay before quitting to look decent.

I'm pretty sure that May has been appalled by the behaviour of her party leadership since Johnson forced her out.
That's how low they've sunk.

I'm at the point now where I sympathise with Theresa May.

Having said that I started to read her book and had to give up about half way through. It's just a very long and very boring ramble about how everyone in politics is awful apart from her.

Rory Stewart's is the same but at least that had some narrative and was entertaining.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.