General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I'm a bit confused by the cut at 1.47. Who died in 1938 and 1946? Not his dad and mum.

They died aged 38 and 46.

Edward Davey was born in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire on 25 December 1965.[11][12] His father John (1932–1970), a solicitor, died when Davey was four years old in Mansfield General Hospital after a three-month illness.[13] His mother, Nina Davey (née Stanbrook), died 11 years later, after which he was brought up by his maternal grandparents in Eakring.[14] Davey acted as a carer for his terminally ill mother before her death, and also cared for his grandmother.

They died aged 38 and 46.

Edward Davey was born in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire on 25 December 1965.[11][12] His father John (1932–1970), a solicitor, died when Davey was four years old in Mansfield General Hospital after a three-month illness.[13] His mother, Nina Davey (née Stanbrook), died 11 years later, after which he was brought up by his maternal grandparents in Eakring.[14] Davey acted as a carer for his terminally ill mother before her death, and also cared for his grandmother.
Ah, I missed the "at" in at 38 and at 46.

I’ve thought about last night, and I’m actually reinforced in my view that Sunak was terrible, subjectively speaking. I think I speak with some authority on public speaking and I thought he came across as a right ****. Overly rehearsed opening and closing (no doubt delivered with the benefit of autocue) talking over/parroting wank questions at his opponent and making plenty of snide digs. Not a good look for a purported Statesman imo.

Owning a room is not about being truculent and rude. It is about exuding authority and confidence, being steady on your feet, knowing your brief, being humble when you need to be and demonstrating good humour from time to time. And always being polite, unless absolutely forced not to.

2/10 for me.

Thought I overmarked Starmer with a seven last night. 5/10 at best. He’s a right boring **** btw. They both are. I wouldn’t go for a pint with either of them. Life’s too short.

I’ve thought about last night, and I’m actually reinforced in my view that Sunak was terrible, subjectively speaking. I think I speak with some authority on public speaking and I thought he came across as a right ****. Overly rehearsed opening and closing (no doubt delivered with the benefit of autocue) talking over/parroting wank questions at his opponent and making plenty of snide digs. Not a good look for a purported Statesman imo.

Owning a room is not about being truculent and rude. It is about exuding authority and confidence, being steady on your feet, knowing your brief, being humble when you need to be and demonstrating good humour from time to time. And always being polite, unless absolutely forced not to.

2/10 for me.

Thought I overmarked Starmer with a seven last night. 5/10 at best. He’s a right boring **** btw. They both are. I wouldn’t go for a pint with either of them. Life’s too short.
Sunak’s shorter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.