General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I used to go to the pub with dad's mates, they were all working class and all absolutely adamant leave voters. They were voting for Brexit before the decision was made to even hold the referendum. As a remainer I got a lot of stick from them and it was impossible to get through to them.

They will all now turn to Reform and that sums up what's happening. The mistake that many people make is they believe the working classes are revolting against the Tories in favour of some social revolution but it's not true. The working classes are revolting because they want to move back to the right.

Labour will not win the next election by appeal alone, they'll win it because the right is polarised and split. If you add the Reform vote to the current Tory vote on polling then that's Labour's huge majority is gone. If Farage was to lead the Tories in 5 years then it's only the centrists and the Lib Dems that will make the difference.

It's impossible to underestimate the impact that Farage could have. I highly doubt that he wants to become an MP and he probably won't win but he has been absolutely right about the Tories. We should all be very worried if he does become an MP because that almost guarantees that he could be Tory leader in 5 years time, then all bets are off.

Troubled waters ahead.

Excellent assessment mate.

I used to go to the pub with dad's mates, they were all working class and all absolutely adamant leave voters. They were voting for Brexit before the decision was made to even hold the referendum. As a remainer I got a lot of stick from them and it was impossible to get through to them.

They will all now turn to Reform and that sums up what's happening. The mistake that many people make is they believe the working classes are revolting against the Tories in favour of some social revolution but it's not true. The working classes are revolting because they want to move back to the right.

Labour will not win the next election by appeal alone, they'll win it because the right is polarised and split. If you add the Reform vote to the current Tory vote on polling then that's Labour's huge majority is gone. If Farage was to lead the Tories in 5 years then it's only the centrists and the Lib Dems that will make the difference.

It's impossible to underestimate the impact that Farage could have. I highly doubt that he wants to become an MP and he probably won't win but he has been absolutely right about the Tories. We should all be very worried if he does become an MP because that almost guarantees that he could be Tory leader in 5 years time, then all bets are off.

Troubled waters ahead.

I agree with some of what you've said (although I do suspect Farage will win and that he does want to be an MP).

However, there are still many, many more working class people voting for Labour than Reform, and that's before you add in the Greens, and the Lib Dems.

There isn't an homogenous working class who all share similar views, and with changes in work, education and society, most people would struggle to even define who would be part of one anyway.

There were always working class people who were socially right wing, but before social media, it was easier to have broader coalitions supporting political parties. That's part of what Farage is tapping into, but I'd hope he's not got the power to reach far beyond those who are already sympathetic to his views, and I certainly don't think that a significant proportion of whatever is now the 'working class' is close to fully embracing him.

if we had a PM with a backbone these 4 would be stood down. How can you take donations from an opposing Party and remain a Conservative candidate? This is the last knockings of the gravt train from them

They feel an affinity with them because the arrogant professional politicians have done fuck all for anyone but themselves for decades.

It's time real politicians stood the fuck up mate.
Get your drift but not all should be tarred with the same brush mate. Farage and his ilk only offer simple b/w solutions when the pressing issues of the day are far too nuanced would you agree?

Get your drift but not all should be tarred with the same brush mate. Farage and his ilk only offer simple b/w solutions when the pressing issues of the day are far too nuanced would you agree?

This point of view/opinion has to be conveyed to the population better than it is being done, we have some people on here that think that the Tories are fully fledged fascists, and they really do.

Labour and the Cons need to win the working class back not throw them sneeringly under the bus, that's how Brexit happened. Some of the red book fanatics on here haven't learned their lesson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.