General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
The working class voted for Brexit, get your critical thinking head around that. Instead of barking at the moon how's about addressing that issue instead of just babbling some incoherent nonsense about racists?

It doesn't matter if half the population are easily taken in when the incumbent power brokers couldn't do the job of convincing them otherwise because they disregarded them.
I have. They’re struggling and decided to lash out and smash the status quo. Look how that’s worked out for them.

Now it’s not been done the way they expected and need Farage to come back and promise them the earth, whilst making their lives even worse.

It’s the perfect example of not being able to critically think.

However much you insult doesn’t affect me.

People who can’t critically think think there are simple solutions to complex problems and are more easily taken in by people promising simple, yet impossible solutions.

He's a simple fella. Triggered by Halal food but never cottoned on that takeaway curry was made with Halal meat.

I have. They’re struggling and decided to lash out and smash the status quo. Look how that’s worked out for them.

Now it’s not been done the way they expected and need Farage to come back and promise them the earth, whilst making their lives even worse.

It’s the perfect example of not being able to critically think.

Stop it with the critical thinking nonsense there is nothing whatsoever special about the way you digest information and spit it out other than a smugness that belies your inability to empathise with others.

Working class people thrown on to the rubbish heap haven't the ability to critical think but they do however have the right to vote, Brexit happened because instead of listening to them the political class and their friends sneered at them.

Stop it with the critical thinking nonsense there is nothing whatsoever special about the way you digest information and spit it out other than a smugness that belies your inability to empathise with others.

Working class people thrown on to the rubbish heap haven't the ability to critical think but they do however have the right to vote, Brexit happened because instead of listening to them the political class and their friends sneered at them.
Critical thinking is when there is more than one step in your thought process.

Working class people will continue to be on the scrap heap if they vote for populists scorched earth policies.

I genuinely don’t believe you have an empathetic bone in your body, so won’t be entertaining your viewpoint on that.

The numbers aren't lying are they? Your Grandad had Labour to fall back on didn't he? So you think the way forward is to further alienate huge swathes of the working class by ignoring them?
Where do you think I came from? Chatsworth House? Eaton Hall? Windsor Castle?

I grew up in a Council house, among the working class. Some kids came to school in wellies and with the arse hanging out of their trousers.

The 'working class' needs to have a fucking good look at itself, and it also needs to understand that the people holding them down and wrecking the very services they depend on aren't immigrants or foreigners. They're the Tory toffs and their sleazy mates like Rupert Murdoch, the Barclay brothers, Farage and all the rest of the orchestra of conmen and liars. The ones who are never satisfied, but who want more and more of what wealth there is. And, by the way, there is huge wealth in Britain, it's just that 95% of us are arguing among ourselves over about 5% of it, while much of the rest is salted away in tax havens by 'patriots' who love this country so very much they don't want to contribute their share to it.

If people are easily conned, it's not my fault. What am I supposed to do about it? Go out into the streets and preach like John the Baptist? Because I tell you, the great bulk of the lumpen proletariat don't want to think and never have. They just want people to tell them what they want to hear, even if it's total shite. You cannot educate people who do not want to be educated. They're the modern equivalent of the old kings who just wanted to be flattered, and who rejected good counsel.

I also don’t recall ticking what class I was when I voted.

Study after study have shown it to be true. You can either ignore it or run with the people who shout names at others who don't have their same views. Labour left a vacuum when they ignored the working class vote and this is the result.

Again, ignore the data and fill the void with gossip.

Working class people can’t critically think?

Wow. Some stereotyping there.

Study after study have shown it to be true. You can either ignore it or run with the people who shout names at others who don't have their same views. Labour left a vacuum when they ignored the working class vote and this is the result.

Again, ignore the data and fill the void with gossip.

Your issue is that you don’t empathise with the working class, you sneer and lash out at anything that isn’t working class, perpetuating your hate cycle.

Where do you think I came from? Chatsworth House? Eaton Hall? Windsor Castle?

I grew up in a Council house, among the working class. Some kids came to school in wellies and with the arse hanging out of their trousers.

The 'working class' needs to have a fucking good look at itself, and it also needs to understand that the people holding them down and wrecking the very services they depend on aren't immigrants or foreigners. They're the Tory toffs and their sleazy mates like Rupert Murdoch, the Barclay brothers, Farage and all the rest of the orchestra of conmen and liars. The ones who are never satisfied, but who want more and more of what wealth there is. And, by the way, there is huge wealth in Britain, it's just that 95% of us are arguing among ourselves over about 5% of it, while much of the rest is salted away in tax havens by 'patriots' who love this country so very much they don't want to contribute their share to it.

If people are easily conned, it's not my fault. What am I supposed to do about it? Go out into the streets and preach like John the Baptist? Because I tell you, the great bulk of the lumpen proletariat don't want to think and never have. They just want people to tell them what they want to hear, even if it's total shite. You cannot educate people who do not want to be educated. They're the modern equivalent of the old kings who just wanted to be flattered, and who rejected good counsel.

Again you are missing the point, this isn't about you directly it's about how your political views are not being transferred to the working class right now.

Calling people racists and unable to critically think isn't solving anything is it? A few casual backslaps from an echo chamber doesn't make it right, bringing the working class along for the ride should be your aim not attacking the messenger who brought you the information to show you the numbers and explain where it's all up in the air.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.