General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Brown fucked that election up for sure, it was awful to watch.

Had he won in 2010 we’d be in a better place as a country now.
I was really pissed off with Brown by the time the 2010 GE came round, but upon reflection that was hasty and ill-judged on my part, especially given the shit show that has followed.

Whatever you do dont waste your vote on people/parties who will have zero say in how the country is run
I have no choice, none of the candidates standing in my constituency will be forming the next government
The Tories bring him up and I bite sadly.I should have learned my lesson by now.

I find quoting facts about the war in Iraq usually quietens the self-servatives apologists.
84 Labour, 52 Lib-dems and 2 (two) tories opposed the war.
Hansard is also a wonderful method of research (but can take time to navigate)

You don't seem to understand the point I was making, so why bother commenting Vic?
Were you not criticising a policy of tax increases for people earning over £50k a year because they'd got commitments and/or had bought a lot of stuff? In other words, by spending money they can avoid paying higher income tax.

Were you not criticising a policy of tax increases for people earning over £50k a year because they'd got commitments and/or had bought a lot of stuff? In other words, by spending money they can avoid paying higher income tax.
No not really, I was criticising the Greens for thinking that just because they believe people have spare cash when they earn 50 k or more, doesn't necessarily mean that people do have that spare cash. I used the materialistic analogy as green people arnt the most materialistic in my experience, but 99% of the population are to a degree are they not?

Ie its easy and incorrect for Greens to judge everybody by their holier than thou lifestyle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.