General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I’m in my mid 30s and grew up under New Labour.

I can only comment from my own personal observations but this country has got measurably shitter in every single way since the Conservatives got in.

I realise being a supporter of Tony Blair will probably get me lynched on here.
I agree with your second paragraph. As for the third paragraph although I am not a fan of Blair for many reasons, I know and understand that to some he was an excellent PM. I know I celebrated with a glass of Cointreau the night we got a Labour Government with him at the helm.

I’ll stand at your side so they don’t lynch you! ;-) :-)

Its post 9/11 when the world went to shit, everywhere in the western world is immeasurably worse. All accelerated by the third wave of globalisation that stated around 1990 and continues to this day.
Nah, it's the last 14 years.

I really don't recall anyone blaming any problems in 2010 on 9/11 or globalisation.

Oh gosh. Woe to you who store up treasure on earth... yeah, let's cut taxes for those with materialistic goods (whatever they are) at the expense of those who can't afford food clothing and shelter.
You don't seem to understand the point I was making, so why bother commenting Vic?

The problems in 2010 could have come from the huge problem of the collapse of 2008.
Add to that the international markets were just recovering from the dot com bubble when 9/11 happened which everyone seems to forget.
Continual uncertainty caused by all of these events caused significant ripples throughout the whole world economy which with Covid and the Ukraine war have only been amplified.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.