General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Begrudgingly voting for Labour due to my MP being fantastic.

Honestly, it’s a very underrated way to vote. If everybody voted for the person they felt was competent, capable and represented their local interests then we would be in a much better state.

The problem we have is how many MPs occupy safe seats because people vote down party lines regardless of who the candidate is. Therefore many of them can do and say effectively whatever they want.

When in doubt, actually speak to your representatives.

Yeah I agree, deciding who to put in charge of the country and be accountable for a large proportion of the quality of life of everyone that lives here isn’t a subject to get emotive about at all.

t’s not something actually important, like football, is it…? ;)
Yes but it's not up to you or anyone else to tell some who they should and shouldn't vote for. That's the right of this country to vote who you want. You can have your opinion a certain party, but telling people they can't vote for that party is imo not acceptable .

Yes but it's not up to you or anyone else to tell some who they should and shouldn't vote for. That's the right of this country to vote who you want. You can have your opinion a certain party, but telling people they can't vote for that party is imo not acceptable .

Why do political parties spend lots of money telling you to vote for them?

Didn't Germany ban their equivalent of Reform UK after the WW2?

Why do political parties spend lots of money telling you to vote for them?

Didn't Germany ban their equivalent of Reform UK after the WW2?
Well ban them then, then people can't vote for them, but if they are legally able to stand then it's the choice of the voter. Trust me I won't be voting for them but I'm not going to abuse somebody who does.

Nobody’s telling anyone who to vote for. I don’t give a shit who people I don’t know vote for. If someone owns up to being a Reform voter I will assume they’re either thick, gullible, racist or all three. I also know that it’s highly unlikely that person will give a shit what I think anyway. So vote for who you want and it’s up to you whether you tell people who you’re voting for.

Nobody’s telling anyone who to vote for. I don’t give a shit who people I don’t know vote for. If someone owns up to being a Reform voter I will assume they’re either thick, gullible, racist or all three. I also know that it’s highly unlikely that person will give a shit what I think anyway. So vote for who you want and it’s up to you whether you tell people who you’re voting for.
Some clearly are on this thread hence my original post and there's was posts that crossed the line which is unacceptable imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.