General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
If there’s one innocuous but I think really important thing I’m hoping Labour do differently, it’s making announcements to the chamber before announcing to the media.

Might seem like a small thing but in my view the Tories governing by PR has been hugely damaging to the integrity of the house. And it has fucked off about 4 different speakers and deputy speakers.

I agree - go about things the 'right' way. Anything else normalises the way it's been done.

I'd quite like to see all reports released, and quickly finishing/dealing with the interrupted issues.

I do wonder how the committees will run if Labour have an enormous majority - the other party MPs might be very busy!

I get the impression that they're planning on ripping the Tory administration to shreds as part of their plans for the future.

They've been suggesting they need to have a look at "how bad" the finances are, and I suspect they will be aiming to try and have the Tories seen as the reckless ones.

They've also got the Covid "VIP lane" and Covid fraud that was ignored, as a line of attack. The VIP lane is potentially the biggest political scandal of the past twenty years, and Labour have made it clear they intend to look into this closely. Shining a light on that and trying to get back some of the money would keep the Tories in the spotlight for some time.

And put aimed for deadlines on things like the infected blood scandal. It has to end as quickly as practical. It'll cost a lot of money, but that won't reflect on a Labour govt especially.

I agree - go about things the 'right' way. Anything else normalises the way it's been done.

I'd quite like to see all reports released, and quickly finishing/dealing with the interrupted issues.

I do wonder how the committees will run if Labour have an enormous majority - the other party MPs might be very busy!

Good question, hadn’t thought about committees. I’ve been busy wondering where they’re all going to sit!

He's in one of the four "Great Offices of State" at the moment, and should be in available in Parliament to answer questions.

I'm pretty sure that the Tories left won't change the rules to allow it, as they'll be angling for the job themselves, but frankly that's a bigger insult than having the leader of the opposition in the Lords.
Not sure I agree.

Think he was a ray of sanity. Sometimes you need to pull someone in from outside out of necessity. As long as it’s by exception I think it’s perfectly legitimate as an occasional last resort.

Cameron massively miscalculated and has fucked this country up, but he was always a realist.

I wonder what he really thinks. About Brexit.

He must so regret it destroying his legacy. And it was self-inflicted!

Not sure I agree.

Think he was a ray of sanity. Sometimes you need to pull someone in from outside out of necessity. As long as it’s by exception I think it’s perfectly legitimate as an occasional last resort.

Cameron massively miscalculated and has fucked this country up, but he was always a realist.

I wonder what he really thinks. About Brexit.
I suspect we'll find out one day.

Another political biography due once he leaves government.

I suspect we'll find out one day.

Another political biography due once he leaves government.
He must fucking hate himself.

I don’t know why, but I never disliked him. I understood why others didn’t, but I never got bad vibes from him. Thought he seemed an ok bloke. And respect for landing a wife like that.

Have hated every **** that’s followed him though!

Went out tonight with a group of lads and a few were saying they wanted to vote reform because of their manifesto. I'd like to say it surprised me but it didn't, we can put our fingers to our ears and pretend immigration isn't a problem but to some it really is. But at the end of the day I can get all high and mighty and ridicule them but their vote has the exact same impact as mine. So I chose to ignore it and had a good night with them anyways.

Went out tonight with a group of lads and a few were saying they wanted to vote reform because of their manifesto. I'd like to say it surprised me but it didn't, we can put our fingers to our ears and pretend immigration isn't a problem but to some it really is. But at the end of the day I can get all high and mighty and ridicule them but their vote has the exact same impact as mine. So I chose to ignore it and had a good night with them anyways.
They are genuinely held concerns. But we don’t have any choice. Unless we want our ill and elderly to perish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.