General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 139 61.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Reform

Votes: 27 12.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 21 9.3%

• Total voters
Tories got their lapdogs out trying to scare voters that labour will tax breathing etc.

To be fair, the left wing on here do nothing but warn us about what the liar Starmer and Tory Reeves will do so you can’t just blame the Tories for that.

To be fair, the left wing on here do nothing but warn us about what the liar Starmer and Tory Reeves will do so you can’t just blame the Tories for that.
Yeah, but the left are annoyed because Labour won't raise taxes (and that the Tories are lying about it). They fear that the Tories are lying!

I'm torn between thinking Starmer could start juggling with the Ming vase and say we'll raise taxes to pay for all the public services you want (or want back) or that it's best to stick to "Tory-lite" (with some renationalisation) in order to wipe out the Tories as the main opposition in Parliament to raising taxes to fund public services.

I accept what they say ref Covid and Ukraine but thats all they have - the trot the excuses out but don't offer any creative way of fixing things other than raising taxes, denying they are raising taxes and saying Labour ( who are not the Govt ) will raise taxes - they are not a serious Govt

Not sure I agree.

Think he was a ray of sanity. Sometimes you need to pull someone in from outside out of necessity. As long as it’s by exception I think it’s perfectly legitimate as an occasional last resort.

Cameron massively miscalculated and has fucked this country up, but he was always a realist.

I wonder what he really thinks. About Brexit.

He must so regret it destroying his legacy. And it was self-inflicted!

I don't doubt that Cameron has a bit more ability than many Tory MPs, but they put one of the most important roles in Government in the Lords, where MPs are less able to challenge what he does.

And why did they do it? Not for some huge altruistic reason - for the sake of the country - they did it because they were so far back in the polls, and we're desperate to save the Tory party.

Bear in mind we're also talking about someone who walked off whistling at the first sign that being PM was difficult, rather than sticking around and trying to actually argue for a less destructive version of Brexit.

And his biggest contribution to public life in the years between wandering off, and being brought back? That just happened to be the Greensill lobbying scandal, where he tried make money off the back of his Government contacts during Covid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.