General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 165 60.2%
  • Conservative

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • Reform

Votes: 35 12.8%
  • Green Party

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 27 9.9%

• Total voters
The problem is that the clip in the twitter link you're showing isn't the one that's being shared.

There's a shorter one which starts with the bit about removing people from Bangladesh, then chops in part of the earlier interview to say he knows how to do it. It's deliberately edited, with the order of his words changed, and any context of it being about illegal immigration/failed asylum claims being taken out.

If it was that full clip, I'd agree, and suggest that there's no need to be so bullish with the response.

Given that it deliberately mixes up the order of what he's saying, and clips other parts, it would be pretty foolish to start apologising.

Add it to Ashworth's comments yesterday. Both mentioned Bangladesh. It isn't an accident.

Add it to Ashworth's comments yesterday. Both mentioned Bangladesh. It isn't an accident.
Listening to LBC, Iain Dale was making a big thing of this and although I missed a lot of it, Dale had to read out a statement that said that the video he had watched had been edited and taken completely out of context. Dale quickly went to extended adverts and, while I was driving back, never came back on.

Said to me that he’d watched the edited version and was now questioning what the editors had allowed him to put forward as an argument.

Listening to LBC, Iain Dale was making a big thing of this and although I missed a lot of it, Dale had to read out a statement that said that the video he had watched had been edited and taken completely out of context. Dale quickly went to extended adverts and, while I was driving back, never came back on.

Said to me that he’d watched the edited version and was now questioning what the editors had allowed him to put forward as an argument.

The words still came out his mouth and Ashworth's. There was no reason to mention Bangladesh.

But I still think Starmer was really very poor tonight and when he’s challenged on certain issues he genuinely struggles. Again, the fact that he tried to fall back on this working class stuff and Sunak’s wealth tells you how much he was struggling. I would rather that sort of stuff was left out of politics.

As for the style of debate, I don’t see that as a relevant point. It is what it is and personally I place some value on being able to think on your feet.
When most of the electorate realise that sunak is totally out of touch with the real life consequences of 14 years of self-servatives government, it is very relevant in this election, and you don't rise through the legal profession to head the CPS without being able to think on your feet.
Here's looking forward to tomorrow week with a Labour government and hopefully a Lib-dems opposition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.