General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
In part yes - rent controls have however practically turned off investment in property in Scotland making the supply and demand imbalance even worse and to the severe detriment of the economy. Raynor will no doubt want to introduce that down here I don't have all the answers on this - but planning law needs a good look at. Had to be made easier to develop new homes. I think part of the answer must be to consider abolishment of stamp duty for young people, government backed deposits, an improved large scale PRS sector.

A stable housing minister will be much welcomed.
Landlords whinging in Scotland? Cry me a tartan river.

I think the removal of the double jeopardy principle, on balance, was correct, especially given the safeguards that were built in. Justice should always be a search for fairness in a way that is codified. If new evidence comes to the fore that is compelling in relation to a serious offence then surely it’s correct that a jury gets to determine that?

But more widely I agree that we need to be vigilant around rights we might take for granted.
DNA was, rightly, the end of double jeopardy.

Last edited:

The state of play. It has changed quite a bit over the weeks.

The symbolism of the party sat across from the government of the day, not being one of Labour or the Conservatives would be absolutely huge. Hoping the Lib Dems bring their best ground game over the next few days and the Conservatives do one last mad thing before we go to the polls.

Btw - that video they did of "comrade Rayner" shows not just how desperate they are but how utterly incompetent. The way they visually post processed it softened her considerably. My only thought watching it was I'd never noticed before that Rayner has really nice kind eyes!

No it isn't.

Worsley admitted he couldn't argue against this point.

That article simply isn't true. Saying Londons (Greater ) population hasn't grown since 1945 is completely disingenuous and the whole article based arround this lie. It fell from a post war peak up until about 25 years ago. But since then it has grown rapidly and is now higher than it has ever been. Check it out its a fact.

The UKs population has also grown I note the article doesnt dispute this it just conveniently ignores it.

Secondly people don't want to live in terrace houses they want modern houses with more space. Add these two points together and you have the need to build more houses. Supply isn't meeting demand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.