General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 168 59.6%
  • Conservative

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 8.9%
  • Reform

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Green Party

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 29 10.3%

• Total voters
That’s quite a neat site. You can make your own predictions. If you look at the polls you can see a potential narrowing occurring - it won’t show through in the headline numbers as they are trailing averages however it is potentially significant if sticky

View attachment 123612

Assuming no further fuck ups from anyone (big assumption I know) and the narrowing firms up I’ve got Labour finishing with a 92 seat majority with results as follows:

Labour on 35% of the vote (371 seats), Tories on 30% (173 seats), LD 12% on (60 seats), SNP 3% (18 seats), Greens 6% (3 seats), reform 9% (2 seats), PC 1% (3 seats), NI is 18 seats then 2 seats to others.
173 seats?.....there's some money to be made there, I'll be surprised if they break 3 figures.

It’s not just 2 properties though is it? It’s landlords with bigger and bigger portfolios that can then keep pushing rent up and stopping tenants ever bring in a position to save up for a deposit.
I’m renting, have asked the estate agent in numerous occasions to get the landlord to sell. He won’t.
He’s from Oxford, never been to this house and owns roughly 20 others, it’s fucking wrong.
A mortgage would be cheaper than the rent we’re currently paying but at the moment getting the deposit together is the issue as I’m the only income while my wife is doing her masters in social work and will embark on a new career next year, earning more and allowing us to get into a much better position.
We’d move but would be in the same situation elsewhere so no real point, plus the upheaval of moving schools for stepson isn’t worth it currently, and we’ve built our home here and love it but are pissed off that we’re in somebody else’s hands.

These types of landlords are what’s stopping thousands being able to buy.

I’m renting, have asked the estate agent in numerous occasions to get the landlord to sell. He won’t.
He’s from Oxford, never been to this house and owns roughly 20 others, it’s fucking wrong.
A mortgage would be cheaper than the rent we’re currently paying but at the moment getting the deposit together is the issue as I’m the only income while my wife is doing her masters in social work and will embark on a new career next year, earning more and allowing us to get into a much better position.
We’d move but would be in the same situation elsewhere so no real point, plus the upheaval of moving schools for stepson isn’t worth it currently, and we’ve built our home here and love it but are pissed off that we’re in somebody else’s hands.

These types of landlords are what’s stopping thousands being able to buy.
Yep and it’s got a lot worse in the past 20 years. Can’t imagine it improving anytime soon for renters stuck paying high rents forever or until the bank or mum and dad opens.

Hope you can get your first step on the ladder next year. As you say, it’ll be cheaper, so you’ll have more disposable income as a result.

I love an election all-nighter it has to be said. Get stocked up in front of the telly from 10pm onwards and bring it on.

I might break the habit of a lifetime and give BBC1 a wide berth. Not sure I can stand a full night of Laura K without a high risk of hallucinations/nightmares.
Will have to hop between ITV, Sky or Channel 4 who look like they’ve got an interesting mix of on air talent lined up.

In fact I’m even sad enough to watch those occasional re-runs on BBC Parliament when they replay election night coverage from yesteryear.

Anyone else looking forward to it, or is it just me?

I love an election all-nighter it has to be said. Get stocked up in front of the telly from 10pm onwards and bring it on.

I might break the habit of a lifetime and give BBC1 a wide berth. Not sure I can stand a full night of Laura K without a high risk of hallucinations/nightmares.
Will have to hop between ITV, Sky or Channel 4 who look like they’ve got an interesting mix of on air talent lined up.

In fact I’m even sad enough to watch those occasional re-runs on BBC Parliament when they replay election night coverage from yesteryear.

Anyone else looking forward to it, or is it just me?
I was thinking about this the other day. I have watched every election since 1983 on the BBC but I just can’t stand the way Kuensberg in particular gives the tories such an easy ride. This is the worst government in living memory and the national broadcaster does not hold them properly to account.

I have a lot of time for the BBC generally but their news and current affairs - News night excepted - stinks. (As does the sport.)

They can get to fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.